Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hello everyone. My name is Phillip and I have been building models most of my life. Mostly I built plastic scale models but I also did model railways and even built rc planes when I was younger. After a significant time away from models because of my career and kids, I am happy to say that I am finally going to have a go at building a wooden ship (something that I dreamt about for a long time). After a lot of reading and research online I finally decided on Caldercraft's HMS Supply as my first kit. It did say online that it is a beginner's kit, but it does look very daunting. I hope that my previous skills and patients will help me through the build along with all of the great build logs on this site. Now even though there are a good dozen build logs already for this kit, I was thinking of starting my own so that I could get advice easily when (not if) I come into difficulties, so hopefully you will see that soon. Phil

About us

Modelshipworld - Advancing Ship Modeling through Research

SSL Secured

Your security is important for us so this Website is SSL-Secured

NRG Mailing Address

Nautical Research Guild
237 South Lincoln Street
Westmont IL, 60559-1917

About the NRG

If you enjoy building ship models that are historically accurate as well as beautiful, then The Nautical Research Guild (NRG) is just right for you.

The Guild is a non-profit educational organization whose mission is to “Advance Ship Modeling Through Research”. We provide support to our members in their efforts to raise the quality of their model ships.

The Nautical Research Guild has published our world-renowned quarterly magazine, The Nautical Research Journal, since 1955. The pages of the Journal are full of articles by accomplished ship modelers who show you how they create those exquisite details on their models, and by maritime historians who show you the correct details to build. The Journal is available in both print and digital editions. Go to the NRG web site (www.thenrg.org) to download a complimentary digital copy of the Journal. The NRG also publishes plan sets, books and compilations of back issues of the Journal and the former Ships in Scale and Model Ship Builder magazines.

Our Emblem

Modelshipworld - Advancing Ship Modeling through Research
  • Create New...