Finally completed after several years. Started with the standard kit but bashed significantly, especially after discovering MSW.
Made and served all the rope using Syren's rope rocket and serving machine, made most of the blocks and many of the deck fittings from old boxwood rulers, and turned all the masts and yards from castello.
I tried the cased model in several locations around the house, eventually going for a minimalist look using a simple table made from a single sheet of bent glass.
Started a few years ago to give me a break from other projects. Decided not to rig - the model felt out of proportion as it only shows four shrouds on the mainmast. I treated this as a decorative object rather than an accurate model - the photos show the box I built on an old picture frame to display the cross section.