Jump to content

UdoK

Members
  • Content Count

    175
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About UdoK

  • Birthday 10/03/1966

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Westerwald Germany

Recent Profile Visitors

1,165 profile views
  1. Meanwhile the missing parts E are already arrived, 5 days after sending the message to Tom. Another sign that Tom is really concerned about customer satisfaction.... So, the building cradle has been completed, just dryfitted. The perfection and fit of the lasercut joints is really remarkable. Beside removing some laser char here and there and sanding the curvature on piece A8, no major sanding or adaption were required. The clamps are only in usage because some of the plywood pieces are a bit twisted, but not really an issue. Next is to fix the construction wi
  2. I have send an message to CAFmodel, Tom concerning the missing Parts E1 and E2. He replied right away with the information that he will send out the pieces immediately. That's what I'am calling a outstanding customer service........ The construction of the building cradle will be suspended until arrival of the pieces. Construction of the frames has been started with the first full frame number 4. In the first step of cleaning up and sanding the frames I have used my disc sander to sand the pieces front and end smooth. Afterwards the individual piece
  3. Thanks for your interest and Likes! I have started to take care for the building cradle parts and it's construction. The base plates B1 – B5 have been screwed down to a solid board as per the instructions. The keel has been placed and Plywood pieces A and C so far are only cleaned up and dryfitted, Most of the parts A1 – A7 are not holding tight the keel laterally, I will install some additional guides to hold the keel in position firmly. The stem post pattern part A8 requires some grinding to fit the contour of the lower stem and it's proper spot in the cradle
  4. The keel assembly has been completed and cleaned up finally. Removing laser char is a real pain, but much more to go for the frame construction. Next chapter of the instructions are calling for the frame construction, I will skip this and rather continue with the building cradle assembly. This to have a safe storage for the keel and frames to come. The inspector of construction ia already onsite and satisfied with the progress so far.
  5. Thanks James, excellent that you are going to do a professional kit Review here. Jeff, good to hear that you are just about to start your build.
  6. Well, construction starts... I'am following the instructions which are asking for the keel assembly as the first step. The required keel parts are located on two lasercut plates 9 and 10. It is very gratifying that both panels are of the same exact thickness, just under 4mm. All parts are already pre tapered on both sides to form the rabbet. It is only a little more sanding and fine tuning on the tapering required. After the usual activities of cleaning and removal of the laser char the accuracy of the joints is excellent. To highlight the finished joint
  7. Seems that I'am one of the first who opens a buildlog of the CAF Le Coureur kit.. Unlike other buildlogs I will not start with a extensive kit review since this can be seen in other threads, like the one from CAF My kit has been arrived after 6 days from the reception of the shipping notification to door delivery, very fast! The kit was very well packed to ensure a safe transport. Before the construction starts, here are a few thoughts as per today about my intentions on how to show the model. I will try to display the Coureur as she appeared in 1776, j
  8. I did some trials and research on how to achive a good and realistic looking tarpaulin to cover the main hatches. I ended up with the method of a paper tissue, glued on the milled plywood pices with water diluted wood glue as the best result. After setting of the glue the tarpaulin got painted with one layer of Tamiya XF78.
  9. After closing the after hatch with walnut strips 2 x 1, I have fitted the deck support beams on bulkhead 1-5 and 12. The bulkhead in front of the foredeck got installed, klinker planked with walnut strips 5 x 1 and door frames glued on, painted with two coats of dull black.
  10. Some progress to report..... The gunports inside have been painted black prior to installing the first wales on port and starboard from 5 x 3 walnut below the gunports. After this the deck A was glued in position, perfect fit and not much to trim. The after hatch in deck A has been framed and is ready for the planks to be mounted.
  11. Thanks Kevin, actually I have send them an email recently. They are waiting for the printed deck layers to complete the kits, will place my order pretty soon.
  12. Congratulations to a beautiful build of a impressive and rare model. Before i was reading your buildlog I did not even know anything about Mountfleet models. When checking out their website I felt in love with their Model of the Boston Typhoon unfortunately currently unavailable, but i will keep an eye on it for sure.
  13. Seems to be an interesting kit, I even didn't know that the Vanguard was produced by Model shipways.
×
×
  • Create New...