Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'wlaking beam engine'.
Found 1 result
I started building the Blue jacket model of the Portland 6 months ago. During that time i kept photographic records but was too busy to post. right now I am about 90 % complete. My past build are the Sultana, the Philadelphia, the Niagara, the Mary Rose. i belong to a ship building group in Portland Oregon. I have been building for about 5 years. Our group has a blog called Ship Class where we post the progress of our group . If any one is interested its http://woodenshipclass.blogspot.com/ In this first entry I will post the progress of the hull. The Portland is a solid hull. The shape is pretty good with a little sanding and priming it can be made ready. the instructions are a bit vague. It suggests using planking for the sponsoons. I decided to use wider bass wood. It was faster and easier to fill. The hull was primed several times until a smooth finish was obatained . I used rustoleum on the hull but quickly switched to Tamyia paint .. The rustoleum took to long to cure. and ended up crazing if I didnt wait a week or more between coats. Crazy.