Yacht Spray of Captain Joshua Slocum by IgorSky - BOTTLE - 1/350 Scale

Also, I'm trying to come up with some tool that would allow me to fulfill ability to make some action inside the bottle.

And what kind of action might that be ...?

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Do you know long tree scissors? A long handle, a head like a scisor, which you close with a piece of rope/string. You could instead of scissors use a clamp like utility at the head. Scissors look something like this ...

post-33-0-79259000-1430242128.jpg

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Do you know long tree scissors? A long handle, a head like a scisor, which you close with a piece of rope/string. You could instead of scissors use a clamp like utility at the head. Scissors look something like this ...

attachicon.gifscissor.1.jpg

Hi Carl,

Yeah, I guess the similar construction, but small in size.

Best Regards!

Igor.

post-17539-0-12539400-1430289168_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-09317800-1430290151_thumb.jpg

Edited by IgorSky

Hi Igor

Wow, that looks great! Heaps of character. Loads of charm. Beautifully executed with loads of atmosphere.

The stands is also a really nice complement to the overall effect of the model.

Really nice! What's next (ie after the Atlantic)?

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Many thanks for good words!

Yes, I am continuing construction of the Atlantic, but the work is progressing very slowly due to various reasons.

The next project ... hmmm ... a some times ago I saw Mike's log, in which he talks about his building of the model RS1 by Colin Archer. Very nice boat. Most likely, this will be the next project.

11156278_472070672945055_389329236010584

Best Regards!

Igor.

Fantastic finish, It would make Joshua Slocum proud.  The RS1 is a nice boat and a good choice.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Wow... that is sweet looking.  I like the way you adapted to the shape of the bottle.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Igor

Today, I have just boarded your log ... - and behold, "Spray" on great adventure ride! - Congratulations on this great finish!  :) 

... and yes! - The RS1 would be a great choice and it would be a great pleasure, if "Stavanger" would get a sister ship on MSW.  :rolleyes:

Best Regards

Mike

Edited by mikegerber

current scratch build 1:15

Colin Archer - RS14 "Stavanger"

She looks great Igor! Great choice in bottles too.

Hi Igor

What a magical job you've done! It would seem from the angle of the booms that your ship's just slightly heeled over as she's caught a breeze. It doesn't take much imagination, then, to picture her sailing off into the sunset, gently rolling across the waves. Where to?. It doesn't matter. Any journey's a good journey and Captain Slocum's enjoying the ride!

Marvellous. Ya gotta be really pleased!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

I do not know how  accurate  is this information, I only read its in a group of friends Captain Slocum:

"Member Ole R. Börgdahl wrote to me and asked me if I knew what had become of Captain Slocum back in 1909. Although it has been a mystery for many years, I am pleased to provide the following update, thanks to new evidence provided by the same adventurous anthropologists and forensic archaeologists who have been busily on the trail of the lost aviator, Amelia Earhart: "Dear Ole:...As for what happened to Slocum in 1909, he was presumed lost at sea. He sailed south as he did every year, late in the season, with the goal of sailing up the Amazon to its source, or something like that, and was never seen or heard from again as far as we know. At least until a couple of years ago, when new evidence indicates that Slocum did indeed sail up into the wilds of the Amazon to nearly its headwaters. He beached his old boat SPRAY, and fell in with a small tribe of Amazonian natives, soon assembling a harem of 12 native, nubile young wives, and fathering a whopping brood 16 kids, 38 grandchildren, and 97 great-grandchildren before passing on at the ripe old age of 105. The village has grown, and most of Slocum’s progeny grew up and went to sea in the Brazilian Merchant Marine. You can usually tell his offspring; their skin is a tad lighter, they begin growing half-beards before age 5, and love ‘stewed onions’ from infancy onward; none however have ever been able to learn to swim. That’s as much as we know at this point."

The spray as you built her is a fine boat, the story about Slocum is fun but the stopper takes the cake.  Great job.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Igor,

the result is the same effort and the knowledge that you have invested ...

and this is outstanding, congratulations.

Matija

Thanks Matija!

Bob, Carl, here the link with these photo - http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/1589-latest-full-profile-photograph-of-your-build/?p=306141

Best Regards!

Igor.

Thanks!  The technique was as I suspected, but the way that you implemented it is beautiful and provides a very convincing illusion.

• 5 years later...

Just seeing this amazing miniature model, and wow!  Very impressive - I can't imagine the patience that must be involved with such a project.