USF Constellation 1797 by Jparsley - Artesania Latina - 1:85 scale

Hello mate, i think the paint job you did on the figures, looking real good!!!

Cheers

Dimitris

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

I know this post is WAY late in the log, but I could not help but comment on your dingy from page 1.

I dont know how much experience you have with 4 yr olds yet, but I've gone thru 3 of them. My children always acted like they were in their twenties. Now that they actually are (and beyond), they act like children again. In any case, the little things I made for them when they were small (and that they were'nt too impressed with at the time), are now worth more than gold. 

If yours is anything like, she will in time treasure her dingy too (assuming it survives playtime and the ravages of an admiral trying to clean and make space).

Joe

Magnificent build BTW.

Edited by jmcsys

• 4 months later...

Sorry guys after a five month hiatus I am finally getting back to the old girl I'm at the point where all that is left is the shrouds and the rigging So I started the pains taking process of making the shroud line on my machine Slow since it isn't motorized Any ways I have the shroud lines ran on the lower middle mast My question to you all is should I do the rat lines or wait till I have all the shroud lines in place on the other masts Once again sorry for the long wait

post-18711-0-24816100-1462943336_thumb.jpeg

post-18711-0-15056700-1462943357_thumb.jpeg

post-18711-0-82682100-1462943369_thumb.jpeg

Good to see you back at the Old Girl.    Off to a great start on the rigging.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you mark It is good to be working on her Been waiting to recieve my period ship building book that I ordered in March I don't know enough about rigging to do a great job I'm winging it lol Should I start the rat lines or finish the lower shroud lines on the other masts first

Jeff,

I'd go with stays and shrouds and the bowspit lines before rats.  Do all the masts from bottom to top before doing any running rigging.  And then work one mast at a time for the running.   I tend to hold off on the lower ratlines until the running rigging is mostly done as my fat fingers catch on everything.   Many hold off securing the deadeye lanyards until the rigging is almost done as the shrouds tension may need some adjustment.  For the shrouds and stays, go from the lower to the upper. For all this, including the running rigging, you'll have to try it and see what works best for you.

Still waiting on the book?     You might also check Tom's build out on the rigging... I'm not remembering how he did it.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning, Jeff..

Just thought I'd catch a glimpse of your site.  Nice job on the Connie..Couldn't help but notice the square blocks compared to the round ones, the only kind I've ever seen before.  The gun port lids reminds me of Jerry's Victory.  Good work and I'm anxious to see how your build progresses. regards,

Charlene

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I think Sam Has it! Good catch :cheers:

Go look in here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/forum/47-questionsinstructions-on-how-to-use-and-post-to-this-forumsite-problems-or-suggestions/  I think this has been brought up before.  Are you using a iPad?

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

I did a quick search using iPhone and this seems to be the problem.. http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12173-photos-upload-and-are-upside-down-how-to-fix

And here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/1641-posted-pictures-upside-down

It's an Apple issue but there are fixes and those two posts have some possible solutions.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

It's an Apple issue but there are fixes and those two posts have some possible solutions.

hhhmmmmmm.....so what happened to "Apple, it just works"???? FWIW Im a Mac user myself.

JP, looks like you dont have anymore reasons for loose rigging. ;)  Anyway, I think your build looks just great, nothing is perfect in life.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

• 3 weeks later...

Jp,

Just checking in to see how she is coming.  Glad to see you back at it.  I put all the standing rigging in first to "lock" all the masts in position including the shrouds.  As far as the ratlines, the next time I do them I will wait until the running rigging is complete.  It seems it would be easier to work and get into the belaying pins and such.  If the running rigging ends up pulling something out of wack or loosens up a standing rigging line, I think it would be easier to retie the standing rigging line than redo the running rig line.  Just my opinion.  As Mark said earlier, everyone is different and you just go by "feel".

Tom

I put some small brass pins into the edge of the walking boards and pinned them into the hull along with some wood glue.

Tom

Jeff,

Are you speaking of the sheer poles?  (See the picture.. circled in red.).   The easiest way is a spot of glue on the pole and hold it in position until things set up a bit.  Then do the lines.  More difficult is to tie some string to the pole, clip it into place and then tie it to the shrouds.

post-76-0-53179500-1466997538.jpg

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: