H.M.S. BOUNTY by Jerry's Admiral - FINISHED - Amati - Scale 1:60

beautiful progress on the Bounty........hope it's nothing serious with Jerry.  get better soon my friend!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Good morning Gerhard and Popeye..

Thank you Popeye for your remarks about our Bounty and thank you both for your concern about Jerry.  It turns out that his situation is not disasterous but it is serious and will require medication and some rest.  His vision is limited so the work on Bounty will be excluisively mine for the next week or so when I can find some time,  I don't know how much I can get done since I'll need Jerry's help but, knowing  him, he won't sit still and will try to help me get some construction accomplished.  We'll see.

Charlene

speedy recovery to jerry

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hello friend Brian..

The medication seems to be working.  It's some type of steroid based tablet.  Jerry is not complaining much anymore so the future looks good again.  I mentioned your cataract surgery to Jerry and he smiked and said to mention something that he believes he told you before.  He had cataract surgery a few years ago and has never had to wear glasses again.  He said that the world was much brighter after the procedure and the colors were so much more vivid that he never realized that some print that he that he always thought was black, was actually blue.  He said you'll be very pleased and also that the surgery was completely painless as he was awake through the whole thing.  In any event,  I wish you much success and happiness.

Charlene

glad to hear Jerry is doing much better  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

A quick note to Popeye, Lawrence and Harvey..

Thank you all for your good wishes, especially your concern for Jerry's health.  He is doing much better, in fact quicker than we had hoped, and should be back in the shipyard early next week.

Many thnaks again to you all,

Charlene

Hi Charlene,

Sorry to hear of Jerry's health issues, please extend my best wishes to him and pass along this message

GO PENS :P:D

Hi J..

I had no idea what you were talking about regarding the "Pens."  Jerry laughed and said it was real good to know that you had written a post to our log.  He explained to me that "Pens" is short for Penguins which meant nothing to me and so, after some further explanation, I now know that you were talking about hockey.  Jerry said to tell you that the only thing he concedes is the Penguins are hot and that he's looking forward to the playoffs.  He said he wishes you good luck for a great series.

Charlene ;)  ;)  ;)

And then in NHL playoffs, wondering if they will wear their dinner jackets. ;)

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

LOL...sorry to confuse you Charlene,  I too am looking forward the the series, I think our respective favorites may be meeting up, just hoping mine can turn the table on Jerry's this season!  obtw I've loved following the Bounty build...kinda cool the way you guys are tag teaming it

J

And now back to the Bounty!

:)

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Okay Dr. Per,, back to the Bounty...

But first,

J, 

Jerry said to wish you good luck.  He also said your team is hot and as the expression goes, his team is not.  It will be fun next week when the playoffs begin.

It looks like Jerry's main problem is an allergy which has caused the problem with his eyes,  He thanks everyone for their good wishes and hopes to get better quickly.  He has trouble working on the model so I have been doing the best i can, a little here and a little there.  I have managed to make the main topyard which I hope to attach to the mast this evening when back from school.  I pray that Jerry will be okay to guide me as I found rigging the foremast very trying.  We'll see.

In the meantime, I have attached a couple of photos as to our latest progress.

Charlene

post-19054-0-11410200-1460113143_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-44706800-1460113156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry's Admiral

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone...

It's been a long time since I had an opportunity to post any information regarding our build of the HMS Bounty.  Jerry has had continuous problems with his eyes and i have been extraordinarily busy with my job at school.  It seems that when we reach this point in the school year the kids become anxious even though it's only been a couple of weeks since they had their spring break.  With the summer holiday looming, school work starts to become an afterthought.

I am happy to say, however, that even with restricted vision, Jerry has been able to help me make progress and we have reached the point where we will start to rig the lift lines of the yards.

I have posted some pictures which may be rambling but they do show that we have finished the yard lanyard rigging and the rigging of the bowsprit save the walk lines which we'll add on a bit later.

We notice that there are several areas that have to be tweaked such as tightening some lines, paint touch-up, etc. and this we hope to do as we  approach the final weeks of the build. 

Many thanks for visiting us and I hope to be able to keep more of a steady stream of information coming as we continue to progress.

Charlene (and Jerry)

post-19054-0-97490400-1462036061_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-12029000-1462036080_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-82951100-1462036092_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-85957900-1462036111_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-67896300-1462036127_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-64928000-1462036139_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-88852000-1462036151_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-44074400-1462036186_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-66516100-1462036201_thumb.jpg

Very nice build Charlene & Jerry,

you`ve nearly managed to do the Bounty in one years time, that is quite swift for such a model...., and the result is very good so far  :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi Brian.

Than for your post and good wishes for Jerry.  He and I are extremely pleased at the results of your cataract surgery.  I know that Jerry told me months ago that you would be happy after the surgery as he was too.  His current problem is simple.  Glaucoma has caused blindness in his left eye but his right eye is still 20/20.  This has caused a loss in depth perception which means he has to feel for a specific point on a glue joint, for example, instead of merely looking for it.  I have watched him work and it hurts me to see how he takes a glue bottle and makes contact with a toothpick and runs the point of the glue bottle to the end of the toothpick which he uses as a glue stick.  It has amazed me how he can get any of the rigging done when i ask him for help.  Thank goodness for the magnifying lamp as this is his main tool when working.  By the way, he'll kill me if he knows I wrote this as he definitely doesn't want any sympathy.  Fortunately he rarely looks at my log, usually just asking me what i and others wrote.

Thanks again  for your concern.

Charlene

Hi Nils,

So nice to hear from you and many thanks for your kind words..We have accomplished a lot in a short time and we look forward to the completion of this build.  Jerry estimates that this build  could be completed in a couple of months but we are going on Holiday at the end of June so we may have to wait until we return in late July to complete the project.  Please come and visit us again soon.

Charlene

Hi there...

A little more progress in the Jerry and Charlene dry dock:

We began to rig the braces for the foremast yards and the following pictures hopefully will show what we have accomplished.  We still have the foremast top gallant yard braces to do but we did make a decent beginning.  Jerry pointed out something to me today when I came home from school.  This model uses two hole blocks to run common lines through.  The main and the top yard braces run through the same block.  I asked what's so usual; about that and the reply I got was merely it's the first build that hubby worked on with this type of rigging.  Jerry jokingly said that Amati is too cheap to give you 2 - one hole blocks.  My McKay Bounty book didn't help on this one.

The tails of the lines will eventually be snipped and a rope coil will be hung on each pin in service.

Be back soon; meantime, here a few more pictures.

Charlene

post-19054-0-45788600-1462219984_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-01781600-1462220005_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-85875500-1462220019_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-02181500-1462220037_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-34909600-1462220059_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-51621200-1462220382_thumb.jpg

Awesome progress Charlene!   I'm seeing the use of quite a few double blocks........more than any kit I've ever gotten gives you.   did you or Jerry order any extra?   the rigging looks great  ;)  give my best to Jerry and I hope that he's faring better with his problem.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Lawrence,

I'm sure you know that we appreciate your kind remarks.  Thanks so much for stopping by and giving us your opinion.  We've been watching your Bounty progress on your scratch build log and surely you'll have another beauty for your home.  I wonder if Bernadette and you have figured out where you're going to keep it when it's done?  And where have you displayed the beautiful African Queen you recently finished?  Hope to see you soon.

Charlene (and Jerry)

Hi Popeye,

Hope you are well.  Jerry keeps a stock of different size blocks and dead-eyes and fortunately he had several of the two hole blocks called for in the Bounty build.  Amati short fills almost all of their blocks and if it weren't for the extras Jerry previously bought we'd be in trouble.  Jerry said to thank you for your good wished regarding his eyes; he sees an allergist tomorrow as his condition has persisted.  In spite of the circumstances he is still spending time with the Bounty as I keep struggling along.  Hope you have a great day,

Charlene

Good morning, Brian,

You are very kind to compliment our work and I for one really appreciate it.  I used a black marking pen to line the floor planking strips.  I marked one side and one edge of each plank and the results turned out to be good.

About the hanks of line (coils), we have been wondering how to fit them on the pins and your suggestion to use just two coils of line probably is the way to go. Thanks for the advice.

So now it's on to more rigging which seems to be getting cluttered.

Take care,

Charlene

post-19054-0-10273300-1462370950_thumb.jpg

hello to the Bounty team, lovely work, even with one of the two out of the loop for a while it is easy to see that progress that has been made, what is the next project?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Kevin..

Nice to hear from you again.  Thank you for your thoughts about our project which we sincerely appreciate,  Jerry will probably have to take a break for awhile and i'm not sure what I'll attempt next but I am giving some thought to one of the Columbus ships, perhaps the Nina.  We'll see... Take care,

Charlene

Well, it looks like we're getting down to the "nitty gritty's."  Jerry has been feeling a lot better although he still has a lttle eye problem in his left eye.  He was able to show me how to mount the rudder chains and transom lanterns and so we have accomplished that today.  The rigging is just about finished also since there is no sail rigging to do.  There are several blocks hanging from most of the yards which are for sail reefing, etc.  I thought we should just let them hang since no sail have been hoisted but Jerry thinks we should do something with them, perhaps hanging the lines anyway.  I think with his physical condition we should probably tweak the painting, tighten some stays, and of course there are many coils (hanks) to hang.  But all in all we're getting close to the finish line.  I hope to have some better pictures in the middle of next week as a friend of mine who is a professional photographer will be coming here for a visit and I'm going to try and sweet talk him into taking some decent pictures. Attached are some photos I took as to where we are today. 

Charlene

post-19054-0-14098900-1462663757_thumb.jpgGood evening,

post-19054-0-66786900-1462663781_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-24348300-1462663793_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-18444500-1462664104_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-50853900-1462664172_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-05074400-1462664192_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-14868000-1462664204_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-55657500-1462664216_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-96086700-1462664228_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-80655300-1462664242_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-07795400-1462664256_thumb.jpg

Hi again,

Today we placed the calverin guns on their swivel mounts which leaves us with coils and flags to finish this Bounty.  As mentioned above Jerry is still thinking about hanging something on the sail lift lines but hasn't come up with anything yet.  So, I will now start planning my next build and Jerry, hopefully, will think about something he wants to build.  Here are some photos of the calverins and please stay tuned for some more pictures next week.

Happy Mother's Day everyone,

Charlene

post-19054-0-85063400-1462736750_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-68925000-1462736760_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-34913000-1462736776_thumb.jpg