H.M.S. BOUNTY by Jerry's Admiral - FINISHED - Amati - Scale 1:60

Hi Brian and Grant,

Thanks for your much appreciated comments.

Jerry told me a long time ago that we would make a good team but i never dreamed it would be building a ship model.  I'm so glad that I decided to give this hobby a try.  I believe I'll really enjoy helping with the running rigging.

I wish you both a great weekend,

Charlene

Hi Charlene

As being relativley new to this site, I jaust had not that much time to see it all. I love the Bounty, and i like your build! Good to see, what progress you have made from the beginning til today!

Best regards from Vienna

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Hi Gerhard,

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to visit our site and hope to see you more often.  NRG Model Ship World has so many beautiful and interesting logs to see and we hope you get a chancce to visit many of them.

We have visited your site to see what a magnificent job you are doing engineering and fabricating the parts for the model you are building.  Jerry said that even as an engineer he wouldn't attempt to do what you have started and accomplished.  What a terrific piece of work on your behalf.

Have a wonderful day,

Charlene

P.S.

I have posted a few more pictures of our progress on Bouty.  It seems we overlooked the bowsprit stays and so we spent several hours making them and placing them in place.  Now we are truly ready to shape the yards and boomkins and begin the running rigging once these parts are made.

post-19054-0-97771500-1457893344_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-77878400-1457893361_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-48209100-1457893371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry's Admiral

Hi Charlene & Jerry

YES! I will "stay tuned in" at your report!

Thank you too for your kind words, I`ve got it from my dad, he was working as an engineer at the Austran "Saurer" Truck company. But it took some time to get at the point I`m now.

But lets go back to your build, I like the Bounty, and you have made it a beautiful example of craftsmanship.

Best regards

Gerhard

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Finished models

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

Hello Gerhard and Bob,

Gerhard, your Dad was a good teacher.  As I said before, your build is definitely exceptional.  And again, many thanks for your kind words regarding the Bounty.  Actually, what is different these days is the fact that Jerry is really taking his time as opposed to the past when he was working very quickly. I've been able to hang over him and ask a lot of questions since I'm home on "spring break" which is a holiday for us.

Bob-  I hope there will be more progress to show you for your next visit.  Thanks for stopping by again.

And here are some more pictures as to where we are at..

post-19054-0-23333200-1458064751_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-11224000-1458064779_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-80368800-1458064798_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-85760400-1458064807_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-00334600-1458064817_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice, even nicer to see the team work, well done

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

super progress.......bounty is coming along splendidly!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Kevin, Bob and Popeye.

Thank you so much for visiting our site.  It's always so encouraging to work on when receiving nice comments as we have from you all.  Please come and see us again.

It feels so good to see the progress on our Bounty.  Being home from school during this spring break has been real enlightening for me.  I've stood by Jerry and watched for hours as he explained the work he was doing unconcerned that my questions slowed him down.  But truthfully he has a tendency to get a little sloppy when he works too fast so i'm sure there are some positive sides to our teamwork as well as the negative ones.  (I hope he doesn't read this.)

We have now completed the running rigging (I think) for the lower mizzen yard and look forward to beginning on the lower Main yard.  This spar requires a lot of work such as bumpkins and their guides, the foot ropes, and many blocks.  The plans call for rope foot line holders but Jerry is thinking about making them out of wire.  This will require drilling holes into the yard which I'm anxious to see.

In the meantime here are a few more pictures as to where we stand.  (I stand; he sits.)

Charlene

post-19054-0-38505200-1458248989_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-93973800-1458249013_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-03997900-1458249070_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-36004300-1458249086_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-57863200-1458249116_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-49181300-1458249132_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-34968200-1458249171_thumb.jpg

post-19054-0-00621200-1458249220_thumb.jpg

Charlene,

I wonder if I should let you talk to my dearest, to spark an interest..... ;)

Your Bounty is coming together very nicely.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Good morning Bob, Brian and Dr. Per.

It was good to hear from you.

Dr. Per, maybe you can explain to your "dearest" that time is so precious and that any of it that is spent together constructing a ship model is time with special meaning.  I know that Jerry and I are so much better off for the laughs (and snarls) created by our dual endeavor.  And I also know that I am learning something which may keep be happily occupied for many hours to come.  It's difficult to believe but Jerry has never had to smack me, even once,  LOL..

Brian, 

There are still two days left on my spring break  but unfortunately I need about that much time in order to complete the project (the Year Book)  I'm working on for school.  So, I suppose I'm going to have to leave it to hubby to work on Bounty over the weekend.  We began to outfit the Main Mast's lower yard but it looks like this task will fall strictly to Jerry.  I look forward to getting back to the build next week.   Jerry explained that he was going to do something different with this build.  Instead of mounting all the yards before beginning the running rigging he has decided to attach and rig one yard at a time.  Now here's where the learning process has taken hold. Before this mutual endeavor, the only "yards" I knew about were the front and back yards of our house.

Bob...With respect to the steering, I still can't figure out how the crew didn't get tangled up in the ropes.  Jerry said the Captian Bligh made them step lively..

Come see us again.

So until then,  I hope everyone has a happy weekend.

Charlene

Hello Everyone..

I though I'd take a few minutes to bring our log up to date as Charlene is at school today and I've been able to do a little more work on our Bounty.

First of all I'd like to thank Johann for his perpetual applause which we will all have to see forever.  I'm not sure how genuine the gesture is meant to be but in the spirit of fellow ship modellers, I'll take it that it's menat to be a good thing.  For some reason when I first saw the severed hands I developed a guilty feeling as perhaps our log is a bad act or something but Charlene took the brighter side and felt that Johann liked our build.  I hope so.

We are moving along.  Most of the running rigging for the Mizzen and Main lower yards is completed.  Where the lines are tied to a rack of some sort we'll add the coils as in past builds.  For some reason I have always liked to do the coils later on as a mass procuction process.

So here are a few more pictures for all to see as I head back to the shipyard and begin construcyion of the lower foremast yard.

Best,

Jerry (and Charlene)

post-545-0-31362800-1458669005_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-17181400-1458669022_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-83836000-1458669031_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-84520400-1458669184_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-48366300-1458669206_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-37424700-1458669274_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-80901600-1458669336_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-82261400-1458669437_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-06878700-1458669742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

nice progress Jerry and Charlene,

wishing you further much fun with the rigging.....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi Jerry & Charlene

Rigging of such small parts is never easy, Well done!

Regards

Gerhard

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

USS CAIRO

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

Finished models

Gerhard and Bob..

You are both so nice for your kind words.  Thanks so much for taking the time to visit us.

While I'm at it, here are a couple of pictures of Jerry's home made rigging tool...

Charlene

Hi Charlene

Could you please show how to use that tool? Would be interesting for me! Thank you so much!

Regards

Gerhard

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

USS CAIRO

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

Finished models

when you run out of 1.3mm  black thread,  please remember the couple of metres on the rigging tool

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Gerhard,

The very next time Jerry uses the rigging tool we will take a photo which hopefully will explain how it's used.  In the meantime I will try and explain it verbally.  The tool was made from a darning needle and a piece of 4mm dowel.  The 1.3 mm black thread was used to securely bind the glued needle to the dowel which becomes the handle of the tool.  The eye of the needle was snipped to form the "v" notch.  

One places the thread (or line) that is to be attached to the bottom portion of a belaying pin in the tool's notch and guides it to its proper place.  The notch of the tool allows the thread to slide as the tool is moved closer to the pin and helps to hook the thread around the bottom  of the belaying pin.  It truly is very simple and works quite well.  It's a must because one's fingers can't usually reach the pin  with all the rigging in the way.

As I said, we will post a picture the next time we use the tool.

Hope you are having a great evening.

Charlene

Hi Charlene

Thank you for that good explanation! Now I can imagine how to use that tool, but looking forward to see some photos.

And thank you too for your nice wishes, I had a nice evening by watching WWE Raw on TV :D

Best regards

Gerhard

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

USS CAIRO

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

Finished models

Lawrence,

Sorry that i didn't get your message in time to wish you greetings before the holiday.

I think you need to take a break.  From what you have told us, you're working way too hard.  None of us are getting youinger.  LOL

Thank you for complimenting our work on the bounty.  Jerry is taking a leave for awhile as his eyes are giving him an awful lot of trouble.  He has an appointment today with the opthalmologist.

Bounty will have to wait.

Our best regards to Bernadette,

Charlene (and Jerry)

Hi Charlene

Sorry to hear that, all the best and get well soon to Jerry!

All the best to both of you charlene and Jerry

Regards

Gerhard

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

USS CAIRO

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

Finished models