La Couronne by majq - Mantua - 1:98

************************************************************************************************

HERE BACKUP OF MY OLD THREAD ENDS

AND I WILL POST HERE SOME HISTORIC PICTURES

WHICH I FOUND ON MY COMPUTER, WITH FEW COMMENTS.

************************************************************************************************

I may add, that your deck gratings are a bit over-sized.   But a superb build nonetheless. 

Hi Brian, thanks for the first post to my thread and thanks for comments.

Regarding gratings - they do not look oversized to me, I made them in the size as per Mantua plans, I did not ever think that they are oversized.

However I cannot remake them yet now, they must be as they are.

Thanks for compliment, it is my first ship build and I think that it looks OK ;-)

Hi Gary,

thanks for such kind words, I am very glad. To be honest, the laser cutting technology was not such advantage in my case, as you can see from one image in my posts, some pieces are not in correct size. Moreover, that pre-cutted pieces are from ugly plywood, when you do not paint the ship, you simply cannot use them, because plywood is ugly looked material and there were edges "burned" by laser. I used only parts from kit, which will not be seen, others I had to remake from walnut. To be honest, galleries were also challenge for me ;-)

Btw, do you have any photos of your La Couronne ?

Thanks for your comnments.

Regards,

Michal

Hi Alex,

it is my first son Vojtech (I do not know if there is any English equivalent for this name). He is 4 years old now. I posted his photo on old MSW and I also do it here, so you can imagine where I was with my build a 4 years ago. Since that time, my second son Adam was born. I cannot make girls ;)

Michal

Alex, you are Alex whom I know from modellismo.net, aren't you ? :piratebo5:

I had to rebuild my log here, because it was lost due to HDD failure on server, as moderator said.

I believe that I will capture some current photos of La couronne during a weekend and update both posts

here and on modellismo.

Michal

• 2 months later...

Wow, gorgeous build!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Michael:

Glad I came across your magnificent La Couronne build. She is beautiful. Great work!

This ship has special meaning to me personally as it was my first model ship....scratch built from a set of plans downloaded from the internet.

I'm afraid my work was quite crude at the time compared to your fine work. Nonetheless, I am now on my 10th project after taking a two year break.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Dave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

Hi Michal

I remember your log from the previous MSW although I was not a member then.She looks fabulous :wub:  :wub: Your build has reminded me what a magnificent model she can be built into.I was toying with building her many years ago,but my attention was drawn away with other projects.I may well have to look again at this model in the future as she is what I would describe as an archetypal 'galleon' with many characterful and unusual features. 

Fabulous work!

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline