La Couronne by majq - Mantua - 1:98

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Michael,

Beautiful ship! I'm going to be starting my own La Couronne build after the first of the new year and have been greatly inspired by your work. Very clean and great attention to detail. Makes me excited to start my build. Thank you for sharing.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi Michael, are you still on your build, it's amazing! I'm doing the same one and could do with advice if you wouldn't mind

Do you use the lime wood strips for the first planking or is it 2 layers of walnut?

Sorry to trouble you

Best regards

Aidan (Ireland)

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, rraisley said:

Just ran across this thread from a link on Pinterest, and so glad I did. Wonderful build! Just the kind of model I'd love to build, but probably couldn't. Great work!

My compliments to Majq for making such a clean and elegant model of La Couronne as designed by Vincenzo Lusci by way of the Mantua kit.  Splendid work!

Rraisley, if you are interested in another build of La Couronne, my build log is a heavily modified version of the Corel model for that vessel, located here:  La Couronne Build

I have a specific interest in early 17th century men of war, and am currently working on HMS Sovereign of the Seas.  Let me know if you need specific help with a La Couronne build, particularly with the rigging and sails.  Best wishes!

Edited by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS