La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

wonderful precise metal work Johann,

boat and rudder are beautifully made

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Stunning, Johann ... Es ist ja wunderbar ...

If I translated this correctly, it's wonderful.

I agree 110%

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Indeed... wonderful work.  That rudder is a masterpiece by itself.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mik,

thank´s for your nice comment.

Here are a few new images to build the sloop (chaloupe).
The anchor davit (to laying out anchor LINK ) on the stern of the boat is constructed somewhat complex.
For this detail the documents from J. Boudriot were not sufficient.
Therefore, I oriented myself on Atrlas du Genie Maritime.

post-763-0-93562600-1442135297_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-85367600-1442135310_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-76361500-1442135320_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-79596200-1442135335_thumb.jpg

Edited by archjofo

Johann,

You keep on surprising us with small treasures in this (sub)build. It truly is a masterclass in building a chaloupe ... planning on making it 'une chaloupe armee en guerre' ... Wunderbar!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Wow.. wonderful boat.  And that last part on the anchor davit clears up a lot of questions I had about the stern. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Johann,

excellent workmanship as always! Incredible woodworking, just amazing! And very well researched details!

Alex

Current build: HMS Sphynx, 20 gun ship launched in 1775 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.

On the drawing board: HMS Anson, 64 gun third rate ship of the line, launched in 1781 at Plymouth

Banner_AKHS.png

Johann,

You call that an attempt ...!?!?!? I would be thrilled to have that as a final result ...!

Havtaagree! This is amazing, it would be my xxth attempt!

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

G'day Carl

I think we are using different dictionaries because what you called ATTEMPS. 'By joves' I wish I can do that in my attempts!

Greg

Greg,

Which one are you using .. Websters??? Collins or is it a thesaurus you've got in front of you ... As long as it is clear enough to get the meaning ... isn't it ... Johann is crafting a masterful small build as Mick so eloquently wrote ... so I too lift my (original Aussie) hat to Johann

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hello there,
thanks for the nice comments. That makes me happy.

Original the tholes were made of wrought iron. For the model
I made this in brass.
The last picture shows the sloop in its future position.

post-763-0-33933900-1443800364_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-19098500-1443800374_thumb.jpg

Edited by archjofo

I was literally shaking my head when I saw the brass pins. Your metalworking is out of this world. You must have a microscope attachment on your lathe ;-)

Remco

Treat each part as if it is a model on its own, you will finish more models in a day than others do in a lifetime. 

Current build HMS Kingfisher

MSW 1.0 log click here

Amazing and beautiful. True art! Regards :)

Past build: BRACERA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do... Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover"

KIND REGARDS!

ELMIR