La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

Johann I used pushpins on my own dromon build and they worked a charm! Thanks for the inspiration.

And Mark, thanks for the tip about drilling holes to take the pins. It worked wonderfully. (I drilled 60 holes 1mm diameter and only broke one drillbit).

Steven

Hello,
thanks to everyone for the interest.

Here are the latest fitting parts for the rudder, the thwarts and the eyebolt to see before they are burnished.

post-763-0-33820400-1465411842.jpg

post-763-0-84742200-1465411855_thumb.jpg

The last picture shows the thwart with the already installed holder. The side panels in the bow area, which also form the conclusion of the grating are still missing.

post-763-0-21417600-1465411873_thumb.jpg

Edited by archjofo

All I can do is shake my head and be amazed.   If my boats turn out half this good I'd be happy.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello,
Mark and Charles,
thanks for the acclaim and all for LIKES.

I almost forgot small details.
This gig had aft four sheaveholes. Presumably that were there to
sailing and for the rudder of the gig.

post-763-0-49599800-1465707243_thumb.jpg

The sheaves have a diameter of 2 mm and a thickness of 0.45 mm and are made of brass.

post-763-0-27710500-1465707275_thumb.jpg7post-763-0-25631300-1465707285_thumb.jpg7post-763-0-09017900-1465707294_thumb.jpg

Edited by archjofo

Johann,

You keep on amazing me/us. The sheaves ... at 2 x 0.45 mm ... increadible ..., I wouldn't think it possible ...

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Incredible Johann! Every update continues to amaze me with the level of detail you manage to put into such a small space. Beautiful work!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Thank you Albert, Louie, Cog and EJ_L,

your kind words are always good for a poor modeler´s soul.

Thanks also for the likes.

For a year I am working on the five boats for the French corvette.

Now they are ready and here at the end some pictures of all five.

I hope you like them.

post-763-0-38290200-1465843291_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-02571500-1465843307_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-04768000-1465843324_thumb.jpg

Edited by archjofo

Wow. Outstanding work!!!

I am just amazed how talented you are.

Jean-Philippe (JP)

Current build: SyrenRattlesnake (Scratch built)

:dancetl6:Please visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel

On Hold: MayflowerHMS Victory Cross Section
Completed:   Armed Virginia Sloop, Viking ship,  The Flyer, Pilot BoatKrabbenkutterMarie-JeanneSloup, The Smasher

Unbelievable, museum quality!

Jesse

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

Just gorgeous.   You set the bar really high on these little boats, Johann.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Johann.

absolutely WUNDERBAR ...... :)   ;)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Outstanding Quality throughout

Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words and positive comments,  and also for the LIKES.

The next equipment parts of the French corvette is a cover for spare masts and spare spars. The weatherproof cover is a canvas, which was painted with tar. This canvas is mounted on fork-shaped iron and been completed front and back by a board.

The following pictures speak for themselves and I hope you like them.

post-763-0-34021500-1466956779.jpg

Source: La Créole in Musée de la Marine Paris

The image of Morel Fatio shows an example of an open storage of the reserve timber:

post-763-0-09115300-1466956710.jpg

Likewise, an image of the model of La Belle Poule:

post-763-0-71745500-1466957532.jpg

Source: Musée de la Marine Paris

post-763-0-37881500-1466957201_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-53015800-1466957210_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-07762400-1466957224_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-64112300-1466956805_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-33610000-1466956837_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-61444900-1466956852_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-01938100-1466956869_thumb.jpg

Edited by archjofo

Johann, 

that pic with the boats on deck and besides the ship shows your extraordinary skills for details on heritage ships...... :)    :)

Also wonderful photographing

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Super Arbeit, Johann, bin echt begeistert!

And you probably already know this painting, but I think it´s worth showing:

post-395-0-82961500-1466966863_thumb.jpg

Épisode de l'expédition du Mexique en 1838 by Horace Vernet. It shows the Prince of Joinville on the poop of La Créole, listening to the reports of the vessel´s Lieutenant, Penaud and sees the explosion of the tower of the Fort of Saint-Jean d'Ulloa on 27 November 1838.

By the way, do we know anything about the sailing qualities of La Créole?

As always, Johann...  great research and beautiful work.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: