La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

Johann,

Are those general documents for ship builders/building, or specific for La Creole?

One should take into account the shortage on timber in France during the Napoleonic period ... therefore, could those have been round is the next question, or how far has Boudriot been off the mark ...?

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Carl,

Johann,

Are those general documents for ship builders/building, or specific for La Creole?*

One should take into account the shortage on timber in France during the Napoleonic period ... therefore, could those have been round** is the next question, or how far has Boudriot been off the mark ...?**

*)
These documents were valid general for the French navy in the 1st half of the 19th century. Accordingly, all warships were equipped by the largest ship of line to the corvette, etc. . In addition there were also tables that the required sizes specified.

**)

I think that it is not due to the availability of timber.

***)

Exactly, that is the question!

Edited by archjofo

**) It could if round deadeyes was available of a previous build at the time La Creole was constructed, the oval might not have been used ...

P.s. How good is your French?

Edited by cog

Carl

**) It could if round deadeyes was available of a previous build at the time La Creole was constructed, the oval might not have been used ...

P.s. How good is your French?

Hi Carl,

my French is much worse, as my English ... :D

In earnest, I can not speak French.

Why you ask this question?

Edited by archjofo

My French is good. Spoken at least ... Maybe I can get in touch with a maritime museum in France on your behalf ... if you like I can try. My German is bad, event though my grand father came from Uedem ...

Carl

my french is good of course...

why don't ask to gérard delacroix for the deadeyes?

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Johan,

You can do it yourself, he is a member on this forum!!! Writes English too, so you do not need either of us to translate :) You can find him here: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/user/909-g-delacroix/

Carl

gerard is a authority for french marine since boudriot's die.....

Edited by ofencer29350

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

having a congratulation from gérard,whaouu!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

the decision to form the dead-eyes is not yet done.
But I think that I will abide by the recommendation of G. Delacroix.

Meanwhile, I make the the lower supports of the channels.
Some time ago, I have already begun, as seen here LINK.
To further manufacturing are a few recent photos.

post-763-0-74208800-1474168541_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-72892000-1474167969_thumb.jpg

post-763-0-12129300-1474167982_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@albert

Thanks for the nice feedback.

After the completion of the supports of the channels I looked back as the model looked without equipment.
Four years have now passed.
If I compare the state of the model from the year 2012 with today's so, it is already
sobering.

On the one hand, I find that a lot of details have now accumulated on the ship model. On the other hand, other model builders build complete models with full rigging during this time.

post-763-0-17855900-1476024654_thumb.jpg

Nevertheless, I will continue soon ...

We all work at different speeds. It may be slow but wow!!! Incredible work and workmanship. When you look at all the details, big and small, and high quality of your work and finish it is easy to see why it takes so long to build. In any event, even if it takes another 4 years, you will have one outstanding model and we are all going to enjoy seeing you put her together. :D

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Johann,

What the others have said about details and time.  This isn't a competition.  As long as you are enjoying the journey, that's all that matters.  You're doing amazing work and I, for one, love being along for this journey.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Well Johann,

The difference is that you treat each part as a model on itself, and give it the time you feel it requires. Just look at the ship's boats, the detail you've put in ... As Mark wrote: "This isn't a competition". I would add, enjoy what you're building, to me it seems you do, so continue. I'll follow along as Mark does. So much to learn ... from you

Carl

Absolutely beautiful and amazing :) I wanted to ask you to share nice photo of overall view on ship and you post this :) Thanks Johann and keep on!!!

Past build: BRACERA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do... Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover"

KIND REGARDS!

ELMIR