La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

As can be seen in the Parisian model of La Créole, Petrejus' "The Model of the Brig Irene" shows that the futtock shrouds, coming from above, run upwards around the lower shrouds and downwards again in front of the futtock shrouds. In La Créole, the ends of the futtock shrouds run over three ratlines and are fastened with three tapes. It is also interesting that the ratlines in this area are under the futtock shrouds.

727792688_E.W.Petrejus_DasModellderBriggIreneS_192.jpg.87f1b6a18299c7222f10a67fdee603e7.jpg
Source: E.W. Petrejus "The Model of Brig Irene" p. 192

At first sight one could assume a mistake of the model maker. However, after extensive research I can state for myself that obviously both types of design must have existed here, at least continental.
Therefore I orientate myself also with this detail at the Paris model.
In connection with the catharpins, the futtock shrouds were placed alternately on both sides and only attached as an aid to make corrections.

DSC00626.thumb.jpg.6c964988596f5f14a2181263ba9e0203.jpg

DSC00631.thumb.jpg.4cbd466d75562019b2e0baca15767c0c.jpg

@Bluto 1790

Hello, Jim,

the keel aying of the original La Créole was done in 1827.
In 1829 she was equipped and put into service in 1830.
I hope that the information in J. Boudriot's monograph on La Créole, in conjunction with my research, led to mostly correct details.
Thanks for the commendation.

@Gahm

Hello Thomas, 
I also want to thank you for your compliment.

57 minutes ago, archjofo said:

@Bluto 1790

Hello, Jim,

the keel aying of the original La Créole was done in 1827.
In 1829 she was equipped and put into service in 1830.
I hope that the information in J. Boudriot's monograph on La Créole, in conjunction with my research, led to mostly correct details.
Thanks for the commendation.

Hello Johann,

If any build you have done isn't 100% accurate (according to the available information) then I don't think many on this forum, or anywhere else would know!

If I ever win several hundred million €uros in the €uro lottery I will employ you to oversee the building of my dream sailing ship -- that way I would know it was built to the highest standard!