La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

On 9/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, archjofo said:

Hello,

the first of these blocks was attached to the main shrouds. 
As an aid I used a wooden strip which was covered with a double-sided adhesive tape.
Nevertheless it is a very difficult job to tie up these tiny pieces with Japanese silk yarn.

DSC07728_wett.jpg.5b1df85719507786fa436457d35ee20f.jpg

DSC07729_wett.jpg.57fb066cf71df3385e70fcb4ef9ec8bd.jpg

Archjofo, Beyond words , fantastic 

@Vladimir_Wairoa

Hello,

thank you very much for the kind words and thanks to all the others for the many LIKES.

Continuation: Ratlines - Enfléchures
It's been quite a while since I finished the ratlines for the main mast shrouds. Especially with monotonous work, it is good for motivation to deal with other details, such as the signpost blocks, in between and thus provide variety.
Meanwhile I am again dealing with the ratlines, namely those of the mizzen mast shrouds, as you can see on the following pictures. The binding of the eye splice at the first and last shroud I have already described in detail in previous reports.

DSC07761.thumb.jpg.38077f86869955a9c7458e0a269f0670.jpg

DSC07766.thumb.jpg.54e91e856542481adb595984b3cfc354.jpg

DSC07767.thumb.jpg.f99d9ed9581abd7b497ed0e9ae18da49.jpg

Continuation: Ratlines - Enfléchures
With the lashing of the shroud ladder, the mizzen mast shrouds of the French corvette on the port side, including ratlines, could be completed. 

DSC07774.thumb.jpg.5df2c549d5775330c8650073613fbacb.jpg

Now we continue with the ratlines for the starboard mizzen mast shrouds.
See you soon ...

@garyshipwright

Hello,
I thank you for the recognition. 
Of course I also thank you for the many LIKES. Both motivate and give me confidence to continue.

Moques de conduits: Mizzenmast
I almost forgot about them, the signposts blocks for the mizzen masts:  

DSC07789.thumb.jpg.584a8b6016b8aba4694f6222b213e87f.jpg

With the autumnal weather, the motivation to do less popular work comes back,
even if they are supposed to have a meditative character, at least that's the opinion of some of my fellow modellers ...😁

DSC07798.thumb.jpg.075ed6d2b241fa6b59738badea2e03b2.jpg

DSC07808.jpg.c64cd05df32670b7648b3aef275c4f17.jpg

@Keith Black

Thanks for nice comment. Also many thanks for the LIKES.

Another small stage of the standing rigg of La Créole has been completed: the ratlines of the mizzen mast are finished.
The integration of the shrouded ladders and the signpost blocks is still missing.

DSC07822.thumb.jpg.25ccd37aa442ba8e1169f54309c07fe2.jpg

In the meantime, a small detail needs to be clarified once again. The side davits for the "Petit Canoes" of the corvette were made of iron and were lifted with a topping lift. These were shorn by single blocks on the mizzen mast.
How these single blocks were attached to the eyes of the ring fitting on the mizzen mast still needs further clarification. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the original model of the relevant area, where one can see more details. In the documents available to me I could not find anything meaningful about this either.

DSC07052a.jpg.0906642549c718aa67e03265d43a54c7.jpg

In this respect a question to the experts here in the forum: How could the fixing of the single block/lead block and the continuation have looked like, e.g. as shown below?

769155272_TheAnatomyofNelsonsships_C.Nepean_Longridge.thumb.jpg.ed6003e64f420c0114b0f741623a662c.jpg

f358t643p186491n2_ZYRdFbUc.jpg.413de1a67f9efa74bdbe0f98af70ec2c.jpg

Snactch-block.JPG.c764bee93505cd98f8af9f6440c9886a.JPG
I would be very pleased if I could get answers or hints and suggestions. - I would be very grateful if you could send me your comments.
See you soon ...

• 2 weeks later...

In the meantime, not much has happened to the model.
But in this autumnal weather you spend more time inside again.
The futtock shrouds for the mizzen mast have already been prepared. The catharpins are now fixed.
The rear futtock shrouds have been fixed provisionally for the binding.

DSC07848.thumb.jpg.1671a39d80913f70f7a29e1ee25bfb91.jpg

DSC07861.jpg.64233e4f273434f4d13704c27e627720.jpg

The ratelines for the futtock shrouds of the mizzen mast are completed.DSC00562_wett.jpg.dfc5612f666277873abb22d0f02fe3dd.jpg

Furthermore I mounted a single block next to each trestle tree. These are used for the topping lifts of the mizzen boom. 
Soon I will continue with the ratlines of the foremast.

DSC00563_wett.jpg.91a47e9741ce69b2755b714cae92c0bf.jpg

Edited by archjofo

Marvelous work as usual Johann. 

Able bodied seaman, subject to the requirements of the service.

"I may very well sink, but I'm damned if I'll Strike!" JPJ

My Pacific Northwest Discovery Series:

On the slipways in the lumberyard

Union, 1792 - 1:48 scale - POF Scratch build

18th Century Longboat - circa 1790 as used in the PNW fur trade - FINISHED

Future Builds (Wish List)

Columbia Redidiva, 1787

HM Armed Tender Chatham, 1788

HMS Discovery, 1789 Captain Vancouver

Santiago, 1775 - Spanish Frigate of Explorer Bruno de Hezeta

Lady Washington, 1787 - Original Sloop Rig

• 3 weeks later...

Johann,

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. 

-Brian

Current Builds:                                                                                                  Completed Builds:

Mississippi River Towboat Caroline N.                                                                HMB Endeavor: Artesania Latina

USS Constitution - Cross Section: Mamoli

Non-Ship Builds:                                                                                              HMS Victory - Cross Section: Corel

New Shipyard                                                                                                     King of the Mississippi - Steamboat: Artesania Latina

Battle Station Section: Panart (Gallery)

In Dry-dock                                                                                                       Chaperon - 1884 Steamer: Model Shipways  

USS Constellation: Aretesania Latina                                                                  USS Cairo - 1862 Ironclad: Scratch Build 

Flying Fish: Model Shipways                                                                               

Today I would like to present my new video on the standing rigging of the La Créole.
This is the continuation of video part 1, which I also show again below.

Part 2

LINK

Part 1

LINK

I hope you enjoy it and wish you a Merry Christmas.

Edited by archjofo

Hallo Johann,

thank you for both video links. Just magnificient, as all the posted pictures in this thread, which has been in my "follow list" for a long time.

Pure joy to view your work, but I also must admit, it is always a little bit frustrating when I realise the fact I can never bring my ship model anywhere close to this :).

Wish you all the best also for the upcoming year and looking forward to seeing the next posts of her!

Juraj

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Completed: Smuggler

Johann,

This is quite simply a masterpiece in the making. The details and intricate work you put into this build are mind blowing. I look forward to each and every update with great anticipation. Coupled with the videos, it is one of “The” builds to follow. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing work with us, it is a true pleasure. 

-Brian

Current Builds:                                                                                                  Completed Builds:

Mississippi River Towboat Caroline N.                                                                HMB Endeavor: Artesania Latina

USS Constitution - Cross Section: Mamoli

Non-Ship Builds:                                                                                              HMS Victory - Cross Section: Corel

New Shipyard                                                                                                     King of the Mississippi - Steamboat: Artesania Latina

Battle Station Section: Panart (Gallery)

In Dry-dock                                                                                                       Chaperon - 1884 Steamer: Model Shipways  

USS Constellation: Aretesania Latina                                                                  USS Cairo - 1862 Ironclad: Scratch Build 

Flying Fish: Model Shipways                                                                               

Happy Holidays, Johann.   Even your videos are works of art.  Very well done.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Many thanks for the nice comments and the LIKES.
I would also like to thank you for your loyalty and interest in my construction report for the past year and hope that you will pay attention to my report again in the new year.

I wish you all a happy new year and above all good health.