USS Constitution by Modeler12 - FINISHED - Model Shipways

Either you splice the mainbrace or we'll do it for you and not save you any...  :D  :D :D    She looks super nice Jay.    

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Either you splice the mainbrace or we'll do it for you and not save you any...  :D  :D :D    She looks super nice Jay.    

Sorry, Mark. I am missing something?

I will agree that there were issues with the main-braces (too close to the hull and touching the boats), but 'splices'?????

Jay

Current build Cross Section USS Constitution  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10120-cross-section-forward-area-of-the-uss-constitution/

Finished USS Constitution:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/103-uss-constitution-by-modeler12/

'A picture is worth a  . . . . .'      More is better . . . .

Thank you all for your nice comments.

If it had not been for this forum and all the great members and their contributions, I would not have come to this point with this model.

There were several times that 'priorities' took the best of my time. But then I came back and worked on something that can be relaxing, mind boggling at times, and kept my interest and skills at a high level.
I gave up golf several years ago because my frustration level gets high. With this hobby I can sit back right now and say, 'Calm down, enjoy, have another look (or beer).' And it works. 

Now it is on to the cross section for more details, more problems to solve and more mind boggling things to solve.

Jay

Current build Cross Section USS Constitution  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10120-cross-section-forward-area-of-the-uss-constitution/

Finished USS Constitution:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/103-uss-constitution-by-modeler12/

Sorry, Mark. I am missing something?

I will agree that there were issues with the main-braces (too close to the hull and touching the boats), but 'splices'?????

Yep... "Splice the Mainbrace" = "drinks all around"   :cheers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splice_the_mainbrace

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Got it Mark, and I like that idea.

Too bad we are a few miles apart, or I would join you in a 'what-ever-kind-of-drink-we-like'. :cheers:

Some day my admiral and I will be coming up north and stop at Medford. It might be on the way to another cruise via Un-Cruise, a great company with lots of activities to keep the mind and soul alive. It could be an interesting trip up the Columbia River.

Jay

Feel free to let me know, Jay.   We're not traveling much these days due to the Admiral's health but we're both hoping that will change. :cheers:

Edited by mtaylor

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Congratulations, Jay.  I have enjoyed watching your work progress over time.  You must be so happy with the result.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us and Well Done!

Bob

Current build -- MS Bluenose

Future build - MS Flying Fish

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." - William G. T. Shedd

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

JCF. It is the Model Shipways kit.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Beautiful build and a very beautiful display cabnet.  She looks stunning. I do particularly like the flags, well done, nice work. 

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

• 6 years later...
On 2/18/2013 at 10:53 AM, Modeler12 said:

on hind sight I could have used very narrow white tape for the window panes. It is available in widths down to 1/32 inch.

I was introduced to your build by JBGerson.  This note caught my attention.  With arthritic fingers, I may follow your advice when I get to that stage of my build, presumably in the next month or so.  

Happy 2024, if you're still following along online..

Best

Der Alte Rentner