Pelikaan Dutch Beamtrawler 1999 by kees de mol - FINISHED - scale 1/75

I have as well..........hope all is well  :(

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hello fellow MSW-shipbuilders,

Thank you for your concerns and your compassion. The past few weeks there were no updates because I was in hospital for the past 5 weeks for treatment with new medications. unfortunately the medications do not give the desired results so i think I have to stay 'in prisson' for at least 5 weeks again for other treatment.

Please know that I am not directly physical in danger and I will survive this (again). I am a very sane person but depression is haunting me for all my life. Sometimes the pain is unbearable for me and my family and so I stay searching new ways to survive this and make life a little more worth living.

Hope you all have fun building and remember me cause I'll be back...... ;)

glad to hear you got into the program..........sad to hear that it didn't help.   hope you make some progress soon.......and get better.    can't wait to see more of your wonderful build  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

It was good to hear from you Kees.  I'm sorry things didn't work out at the hospital.   Well be here, waiting patiently and hoping for the best for you and your family.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Kees

I echo everyone's thoughts.  Having suffered from the same thing in the past, I know what you're going through  Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel; because it is there.  

Take care and you'll be back on deck in no time.

Patrick 

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Kees

I echo everyone's thoughts.  Having suffered from the same thing in the past, I know what you're going through  Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel; because it is there.  

Take care and you'll be back on deck in no time.

Patrick 

Hi Kees - Patricks advice gained from his experience mirror mine. Sometimes a bit of company to the end of the tunnel helps. Just know all the guys here are on the journey with you - pete

Kees,

Van harte gefeliciteerd (happy birthday) I second what Pete wrote. Hope to see you soon finishing your trawlers.

Cheers

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Happy birthday Kees and beterschap toegewenst. 

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hello fellow modelship builder.

I am happy to inform You they kicked me out of hospital since yesterday.

After I was caught building a small plastic modelkit in the cleaning closet I got my first warning. Begging the nurses for medical bits and pieces like surgical knifeblades, medicationpots and other stuff for the hobby gave me the second and when the team of doctors discovered my hobbylathe and drillpress under the bed they send me home the same day for being incorrigible.

Now I have to continue with the medicine I started in hospital and in 2 months I have to dicide how to move on. But I am very happy to be home with my wife and kids again.

At the moment I am still weak and very tired but I hope to find some time and energy to start building my ships again

Kind regards, Kees

The hobby is strong in you Kees. I don't know about the incorrigable, you must have been driven (or bored). Modelling is a good way to keep the mind bussy. The doctors probably thought you strong enough.

Good to have you back at the table!!!

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Nice to hear that you're back home Kees.   You're a modelship builder... of course you're incorrigible.  We all are.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Good news Kees, welkom thuis. Build up strength and we'll patiently wait for your next update.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

"Begging the nurses for medical bits and pieces like surgical knifeblades, medicationpots and other stuff for the hobby gave me the second and when the team of doctors discovered my hobbylathe and drillpress under the bed they send me home the same day for being incorrigible."

Mate they probably kicked you out because they thought you were setting up shop to give them some competition in the surgery department :-)  Welcome back Kees

Edited by PeteB

glad to hear your home again..........rest up my friend!   look forward in seeing you back at the table soon  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Kees,

Take care of yourself!

btw: We sailed from IJmuiden to Newcastle last week, and I spotted Pelikaan in the buitenhaven of IJmuiden.

She almost looked like your model (only  more dirt and rust, and way oversized :) )

With respect to the hull colour: even in life size, the colour is changing with the sunlight. Difficult to describe, and I think that even with the colour-code right, it will not look like the real thing....

Jan

Hi Kees,

Take care of yourself!

btw: We sailed from IJmuiden to Newcastle last week,

That is too cool. What type of sail boat do you have?

Marcus

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Kees,

Houd je taai.  (be strong).

Marcus

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

• 1 month later...

Hello people from MSW

After some radiosilence I hope to continue this buildingreport. I can't promise updates every week but my goal is to start building again in a slow but steady pase.

After my time in hospital I had no energy to do anything and the models were collecting dust and so did the hobbyroom. So when I found some motivation again to do anything I dicided to clean the room first but that got out of hand a little. Because my medical conditions I had to work very slow and it took me lots of time to do everything but last weeks I finished 'cleaning'. All the tools have their own place now in the new toolcabinet I made and instead of heaps of tools and bulks of junk I have now a beautifull new workplace for the heavier jobs. Also the 'gates of the cave' got a re-styling with some nautical objects I collected over the years and I created more space in the hobbyroom by replacing a big wooden desk for a smaller cabinet on wheels (for the lathe).

Edited by kees de mol

Hi Kees

A good clear out and tidy up always makes me feel better - almost like a new begining. I hope it makes you feel the same. I hope you start feeling much better soon - your skills are missed.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846