Pelikaan Dutch Beamtrawler 1999 by kees de mol - FINISHED - scale 1/75

good to see your up and about my friend  :)   the shop looks really nice.....looking forward to seeing you in it.   I hope you're feeling better,  I miss your fine work  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thank you for your compliments on my workspace. I am very happy with the space and made a start building the models again. Unfortunately my cat dropped two of the hulls on the floor when she was looking for a place to sleep (I tried to kill her after that but she escaped :angry:) and the nozzles broke. This week I made two new nozzles and replaced the broken ones.

59cb58a653110_Pelikaan(350).thumb.JPG.748df448dd4146afac2c8b37075b03d6.JPG

59cb58a2221ce_Pelikaan(349).thumb.JPG.c24ce8b9496ea58cb8e04742cb4405e6.JPG

(Yesterday I planned to proceed building on the models but when SWMBO came home shopping for (only) two new mattresses for the bed, she told me she had bought a whole new boxspring bed and I had to paint and decorate the whole bedroom before next thursday when the shop will deliver the bed. After the bed is installed I do not have any doubt there will be some additional chores to do sp this week no modelbuilding. But building the nozzles is absolutely the start of regular updates in the future )

Edited by kees de mol

even your furry friend want you back at the table  ;)   it would be nice though,  if they found a more subtle way of telling you  :)   you know as they say: "curiosity killed the cat"  ;)

you'll get'em back in shape!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I hope your SWMBO and my SWMBO never get together or we would both be in trouble.  Hope you can get back to the boats soon.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Kees

I'm kinda glad that you didn't dispatch your cat ;)  ;)  ;) !  However, it doesn't matter how you got back to building again; the important thing is that you're back at it...and that's all that matters.

So, in a nutshell, I'm looking forward to your regular updates.

Take care and welcome back!

Cheers

Patrick

• 1 month later...

Hello to you all.

Here a picture showing the development of the frontdeck (spraydeck?) of the trawler. I started to make a master in polystyrene and after that I made a mould with GRP. Then I made the decks with grp and sanded them. Now I start making the railing.

59cb58d6814f2_Pelikaan(351).thumb.JPG.72e4d3fab18c01898d04625c15e2e181.JPG

Regards, Kees

Edited by kees de mol

glad to have you back Kees  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hello everybody,

I made some progresse with the decks and the foremasts by combining them together, Structual everything is okay now so I can start doing the thing I like the most... adding details. Thats for the next update but first some pictures of what I did today.

Kind regards, Kees

28hzqmb.jpg

vpkj2p.jpg

2093alj.jpg

talk about getting into high gear...........you got the assembly line up and running!  ;)    truly great Kees.....they look awesome!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hello Folks,

Offcourse this is a buildinglog for my modeltrawler but without a proper workspace I can't build anything. So in the last few weeks/months I made myself a new hobbyroom. Allmost all the materials are secondhand and the wood came from shop windows ans changingrooms. The floor is from an old classroom.

Here's how it was
31027213091_28928010b4_b.jpgUntitled by Model Fishingships, on Flickr

30320180314_9522d5b788_b.jpgUntitled by Model Fishingships, on Flickr

And how it is now
31030160062_ebe6015968_b.jpgUntitled by Model Fishingships, on Flickr

31173609685_bd5dee8afd_b.jpgUntitled by Model Fishingships, on Flickr

31030160222_35abcba1cb_b.jpgUntitled by Model Fishingships, on Flickr

Kind regards and up to the next update,

Kees

Nicely reworked shop Kees.The production line looks great things ought to start flying along now.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

sweet work station.........plenty of room!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I love the remodeling work on the shop, Kees.  Looks great.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Can I have one????? ;) ;) ;)

Yes you can build one..... ;)  I still have all the moulds here so I am thinking of making some buildingsets in the future.

sounds interesting Kees.........be sure to put the info out if you do it  ;)  could prove to be a nice little enterprise  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

I made some progress on the Pelikaan. Wooden guards and some metalworking beneath the spraydeck. Next stap will be adding all the details and then the opening where the fish goes in the ship. Lots of work to do but very rewarding.

31407248856_34b70df965_c.jpgUntitled by Model Fishingships, on Flickr

And here some parts of the ship safely in my new showcase. I made this case to protect the parts when I work on other parts.

31443949635_3a1deddd42_c.jpgUntitled by Model Fishingships, on Flickr

Kind regards, Kees

Kees;

Looking good.

Question: in one of the pictures you have a large scale flat bottom boat (plat bodem KW 17), is that a haring buis? What scale is it? Kit or Scratch?

Thanks,

Marcus

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

nicely done Kees!   the way you have the fore deck situated looks good.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice dust free compartment. You can stow some large parts in there

I got some big plans for the future so it had to be big. For now it is very handy because there are three models to build on.

Question: in one of the pictures you have a large scale flat bottom boat (plat bodem KW 17), is that a haring buis? What scale is it? Kit or Scratch?

Hello Marcus. I bought that model in a secondhand shop for the price of a couple of beers. It's called a Bomschuit and it is scratchbuild (not by me ;) ) but it's not very acurate, more a decorational model. I think the scale is around 1/20. If you are interested there is a very good book about these ships written by E.W. Petrejus, 1954. I have a copy but it is in Dutch. Maybe there is an english translation somewhere.

Kind regards, Kees