HMS Bounty 1783 by rcmdvr - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:48

Cobr, I can tell you from way way long ago that there is no such instruction.  You will probably just do what I and others did -- square off the bottom of the mast so it fits.  I can remember scratching my head and wondering how strong a round peg in a square hole would be -- it would tend to twist -- until I realized just square the end and it'll fit snug.

Thanks Captain Al

I figured i would have to square the ends off but i was hoping there would be somewhere to tell you how much and also if the length given for the lower mast sections included the square end or has it to be added on to the overall length. My guess is it includes the square end in the length given in the instructions.

I say instructions but i have barely started and i have found loads of errors in them, they are more like guesstructions lol :)

I also have to agree with you, LA is being far to harsh on himself, his build looks perfectly respectable to me, and as it's his first then it's great :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

If it's the Artisania Latina kit then you will need a lot of help.

Some CURRENT logs on this site are  -

HMS Bounty by Tim Moore.

HMS Bounty by Trig.

Both excellent logs, excellent builds and well worth following.

Also  -  Anatomy of the Ship series by Conway Press  -  The Armed Transport Bounty by John McKay.

Only available second hand and eyewateringly expensive but I think indispensable.

Hope this helps,

Sam