JesseLee

Syren by JesseLee - FINISHED - Model Shipways - scale: 1:64

Jesselee, you might want to check out Chuck's method of making flags from tissue paper, I believe he explains it in his log on the Cheerful but if you do a search you will find that many have used that method, by the way, followed you build from the beginning great job and thanks for all the tips along the way

Best,

Ed

Got my replacement flags in. They are printed cloth so I have to put glue around the edges so when it is cut out it wont fray. 

Inspected my ship because months have passed since I really got to spend time on it most every day. I see that it is coated with dust and needs a very thorough cleaning. Also saw a place below the bowsprit that I missed rigging.

Jesse

replacement flags.jpg

staff.jpg

Man, life just does not want me to get this model finished. I've been getting the flags ready to add on the ship. I have been looking at pictures of waving flags and I also fly flags at my house. I've been studying the different ways flags flap and fold as they fly in different wind strengths and forming the flags. 

Jesse

flag.jpg

Finally got to work on rigging the Jack to the Jackstaff. Got it on. Not positive on just how this is supposed to be tied off but here's what I got. Haven't settled on which direction I'll have it waving, will get the Ensign on and then figure it out.

Jesse

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

I finally got the flags on. I guess this means this build is finished. I would like to build a lifeboat to hang on the back but who knows when I'll ever get around to that.  Maybe that could be a mini-build some time in the future.

Now I have to get my Lyme damaged brain to remember how to get this labeled as "Finished"

Jesse

flg1.jpg

flg2.jpg

flg3.jpg

flg4.jpg

flg5.jpg

flg6.jpg

flg7.jpg

Jesse - it has been a real pleasure watching you work through the build: those flags are gorgeous. Nice work all around.  You have given this old guy the urge to get to the shop and resume work on the Syren which has been an idle build for about a year.  

Congratulations!

~john

17 hours ago, JesseLee said:

Buddy refusing to be left out of the picture! Will put a few more up of completed ship later

Been a long road, flags are the cherry on the cake. Kudos on a wonderful build.

I couldn't put my little buddy next to any of my builds, he's a canine chain saw turn your back and you have toothpicks.

Looking forward to more pics.:cheers: