The only word I can find that hasn't been used is: Inspirational.    I'm loving this.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful symmetry and geometry Jeronimo!

After several plank on frame models I really believe that cutting in the sills after all the frames are raised insures the sweetest line of ports. In that respect builders of French models are lucky in that the sills are much easier to execute than the angled mortises on British vessels.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Beautiful work as always Karl. Love your wonderfully simple method/jig for ensuring a straight and accurate cut.

I agree with David B,  The straight edge on what looks like double sided tape is something for me to remember to try.   The photography as pointed out earlier is excellent.  Thanks for continuing to share.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hello friends.

Thanks to all for your Kind comments.

Hi Siggi.

No, I do not work around the clock on my model, but about ten hours already.

Nein, ich arbeite nicht rund um die Uhr an meinem Modell, aber so zehn Stunden täglich werden es schon sein.

Regards Karl :10_1_10:

Hi Karl,

thats a lot. But the result shows us, you are on the right way.

So I have to work a little faster. Tomorrow I will start with the poop deck. After 4 years of building you will one time only get ready and I hope it's soon. The end of the flagpole is in sight.

So happy building,

Siggi

Regards,

Siggi

Recent build: HMS Tiger (1747)

Captains Barge ca. 1760, scratch build
HMS Dragon 74 gunner 1760, scratch build

Hi Karl,

I must echo all the praise on both your boat building and photography..

I do have one question; What is the material you used in the photo above to guide the saw cut and how do you attach it to the ship? Thanks,..

Best,

John

Member:

Connecticut Marine Model Society

Nautical Research Guild

Model Ship World

"So we beat on, boats against the current, bourne back ceaselessly into the past" F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby

"If at first you don’t succeed.......skydiving is probably not for you”

thanks

Member:

Connecticut Marine Model Society

Nautical Research Guild

Model Ship World

"So we beat on, boats against the current, bourne back ceaselessly into the past" F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby

"If at first you don’t succeed.......skydiving is probably not for you”

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful work, Karl. What sort of jig do you use to transfer the heights for the platform beams inside the hull?

Happy Holidays to you also and we all look forward to 2016 updates fro you!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Fabulous work, as always, and wonderful photography as well Karl. Looking forward to continuing to follow your progress in 2016.