Gukor by bilban - 1:100 - Learning to Build a Hull

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies aviaamator. Life has rather got in the way as it does.

Work, holidays, passing my PPL, life and other builds have taken over the last couple of months.

Your work looks fantastic. How much more have you done, ready for planking yet? Looking forward to seeing it.

I got as far fitting the frames to the keel (photo to follow), but found that the quality of the lollipop sticks and my lack of accuracy in the cutting and building of the frames meant that I really couldn't progress any further with her as she is. Good learning though.

So will probably put this project on one side for a time because in the background I'm part way through a scratchbuild of the Bounty's launch and kicked off a build of an Aeropiccola HMS Swift. And I have a couple of 50th birthday gifts on the horizon of an Amati Bounty and a Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon.

Had a great time meeting the Shelburne Longboat Society and discussing their longboat builds and also with Milton the resident dory builder at the Shelburne Dory Museum. I will open up a build log for the Bounty Longboat when I have a bit more time

I fully intend to return to the lofting of the Gukor as soon as I've completed the longboat and then work on a new build of her in parallel with the Swift.

So much to do, so much to learn, so much fun.

Simply love this hobby.

Edited by bilban

• The title was changed to Gukor by bilban - 1:100 - Learning to Build a Hull