Clueless

Who is your favorite musician or band?

Requiem - Mozart ... (I know burrial music ...) I do not much care for Bach, his organ works, but Liszt, Tchaikovsky, De Falla (e.g. three cornered hat), Ravell, Mozart  ... to many! There's always something for the mood your in ...

Something entirely different ... Japanese drum music ... fascinating

One mans music is another mans noise?????? Or woman's!!

My favorite noise would be made by the Chicago rythem and blues men......muddy waters...Albert king....b.b.king....buster Benton and Luther Alison to name but a few.

But....METALLICA RULE!!!

cheers.....mick

I can put a few Dutch bands in here but you don't know them  :D  :D  :D

So I'll stay at the safe side and take a few others.....

Animals - House of the rising sun....

The Doors - Riders of the storm......

Sjors

BZN?

Doe Maar ?

or is the the Dolly Dots ??  :)

I'm more into the classics.

Bach, Purcell, or even before that.

Jan

Edited by amateur

Years ago the Jazz at Woodstock concert series had Joe Lovano (saxophone) and his wife, Judi Silvano (flutist and vocalist) performing.  I still remember the point in their performance where Joe was playing sax and Judi was doing a vocal and suddenly she started "scat singing" - she turned her voice into a 2nd saxophone and matched Joe note for note. It sounded like a "dueling" duet between two saxophones (in Jazz it's referred to as "call and response"). It was an incredibly impressive performance. I've heard recordings but to see and hear it live is really impressive.

Hi.

Easy answer for me... The Byrds. There is No song I don't like.. Have liked the Byrds from being a teenager.

Closely followed by Bachman Turner Overdrive. Love this band. (makes good driving music).

Regards Antony.

I'm with you on that one Crackers!  Ain't nothing musical to it. Anybody with a grade-school education can read a paragraph to a beat. :rolleyes:   Doesn't take any talent to do that!  :D  :D

I don't say it's good or bad, but did you really try doing it ...???

Oh, man, shoule, I just looked up a few tracks on YouTube and that's some good stuff right there. Love me some ol' time pickin' n' grinning'. First track I found was Cluck Old Hen, after which I sat right down at my dulcimer and played it my own way. Thanks!

Don't really have a single favorite band, but I'm a blues guy through and through. The Three Kings; B B, Albert, Freddie, Clapton, SRV, all good stuff, but at the top of my current play list are; Jimmie Vaughan, The Fabulous Thunderbirds (early version with Jimmie on guitar), Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King, and Anson Funderburgh.

And.. shhh.. don't tell anybody... but I also have a bunch of Mozart and Enya on my iPhone...  :ph34r:

The Blues: 3 chords, 5 notes, 12 bars... the rest is up to you. 

The sound I like to hear ?   My Arkansas born wife yelling "dinner is on the table" after she finishes cooking some of her Southern cooking specialties !

THAT is real music to my ears !

Montani semper liberi  Happy modeling

Crackers     :D :D :D

Yes, we have a saying in the family "you can call me anything you want, just don't call me 'late for din-din'" :D :D

Maddy Prior and early Steeleye Span.

Jake Thackray .....all of him!

Penguin Cafe Orchestra.

Sea shanties from any source.

Jenkins Ear.....folk group that few will have heard of.

Vivaldi ... any of him.

There is more. The list is long. Mostly slightly off the wall, but then so am I.

Mike.

Tonight it's Foghat!  Actually partied with Lonesome Dave Peverett and Roger Earl when they played in Marquette back in '74. Myself and the other guy who were roadies for their backup band at the concert, got invited to their hotel for the "after the concert" party. Had a great time. RIP Dave!

Edited by GLakie

Hello there, I'm new here so be gentle with me.

My favourite band is MUSE. Don't mind a bit of Foo Fighters with a sprinkling of Thirty Second To Mars.

My kids think I'm nuts! That's because of my age, 55 going on 18!

They listen to more of the old stuff!