SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse-(short KWdG)-1897-1914-by Nils Langemann - scale 1:144 - POF - first German four stacker of the Norddeutscher Lloyd line - FINISHED

What a stunning build. Absolutely fantastic. 

Congratulations, Nils

Sincerely,

Mark

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want

Current build: Model Expo Glad Tidings, Pinky Schooner

First builds:

Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack

Midwest Chesapeake Bay Flattie

Thank you very much for your words and Bob (Hexnut), Ed, Peter, Patrick (Backer), and Mark (Estoy_Listo),

I`m so thankful for all the nice and appreciative comments, compliments and congratulations coming in from my fellow builders. Many thanks also to the "likes"

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

42 minutes ago, Mirabell61 said:

Many thanks also to the "likes"

Nils

Well, NOW you force us...................:D:D:D

Regards, and many thanks for sharing

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Congratulations on the completion on your opus magnum, Nils! That is a very nicely well-populated model. One tiny suggestion, if I may: drape the flags in a natural way rather than have them stick out stiffly. But she looks magnificent. Well done!

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Congratulations, on a truly remarkable build, I am so pleased to have been on the journey with you

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi

I know everyone quite rightly are praising your building skills. I would just like to say thank you for taking the extra time  photographing and documenting it so well on here... I always looked forward to dose of Kaiser updates ...:cheers:

HMAV Bounty 'Billings' completed  

HMS Cheerful - Syren-Chuck' completed :)

Steam Pinnace 199 'Billings bashed' - completed

HMS Ledbury F30 --White Ensign -completed 😎

HMS Vanguard 'Victory models'-- completed :)

Bismarck Amati 1/200 --underway  👍

Wonderful job!!! Nils congratulations on finishing her.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Congratulations Nils. A fantastic build!! Sharing this journey with you has been very educational and entertaining, I Thank You for sharing.

Many thanks to Gerhard, Druxey, Kevin, Ian, Steve and Don,

all the positive response to this completed build is very encouraging to me and making my day...   :)

Gerhard,

its a pleasure sharing with fellow builders, thanks to all that followed...

Druxey,

all suggestions are welcome, the making of the flags I know should have been a bit better. Thanks for the reminder, I`ll try to iron down a copied tranferfoil (with ink jet printer) to a fine weaved handkerchief fibre. Was just too "lazy" to try it out at this small scale, but it worked well on the 1:64 ensign flag of my "HMS Pegasus"

Kevin,

you are always welcome aboard...

Ian,

thanks for your nice words...

Steve,

I`m glad you liked the building journey...

Don,

many thanks for your appreciative words

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

G'day nils

Eine unglaubliche Leistung mein lieber Freund. Blutiger fantastischer Kumpel und jeder Ort, den du sie stellst, ist viel reicher, um dieses Modell dort zu haben. Gib ihr einen Preis in deinem Wohnzimmer, nicht dein Arbeitsraum.

If my translation is wrong, here it is in English 

An incredible achievement my dear friend. Bloody fantastic mate and any place that you put her is far richer to have this model there. Give her a prize place in your living room, not your work room.

Congratulations on an amazing achievement. 

havagooday 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for your kind words and compliment...

yes, you are so right, and I also think this model deserves display in the living area of our house, if only there were the space of appr. 150 cm to set it up. The installation of 1 or 2 halogen spots from the ceiling for illumination would not be a problem though...

Thanks again for your thoughts...,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Hi Nils - 

Beautiful, beautiful work.  I love how the figures bring life and action to the model.  Congratulations.

It has been a privelege to follow along these last two years.  Thank you.

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein

Hi Dan,

thanks for your words, I feel a ship without figurines is too naked. So one criteria to choose the scale for any new project (amoungst others)  is of course... are there adequate figurines available I could use ?

Many thanks for following the log regulary....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

47 minutes ago, Dubz said:

Superklasse Nils! Need to see it in real someday soon :-)

Dirk

Thanks very much Dirk,

its only a short drive for you to see my shipyard, and you are very welcome any time, would be happy to see you here in Glinde...

( just advise desired date per PM)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

What a ride!!! 

Beautiful work and craftsmanship!!! 

Congratulations on this marvelous build. 

Jean-Philippe (JP)

Current build: SyrenRattlesnake (Scratch built)

:dancetl6:Please visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel

On Hold: MayflowerHMS Victory Cross Section
Completed:   Armed Virginia Sloop, Viking ship,  The Flyer, Pilot BoatKrabbenkutterMarie-JeanneSloup, The Smasher

Thank you very much Jean-Philippe,

for your much appreciated words..., am pleased that you liked the ride

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Hi Nils

I have been in awe of your courage first in taking on a project of this size then to have completed her in such a short time and the way you overcame each obstacle with a quick sketch - then on to the next one. I have admired your metalworking skills in particular and learnt a lot on the journey. I would be a very proud and contented man to move on leaving something of the like of KwdG behind me in this disposable world.

Congratulations and thanks for the Journey. PeteB

Hi Pete,

thanks so much for your lovely complement, and for your regulary "looking ins"...., much appreciated, I`m very pleased you liked it.

My wife and I have just welcomed our second grandchild these days, its a little boy, maybe he shall refer to grandpa`s shipmodels one day...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Hi Martin,

thanks very much for your kind congrats, yes, we`re so happy and thankful that all went well. Mother and child will leave the clinic for home end of this week...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Congrats for finishing this really beautyful model. I looks a little bit like a model that was build 100 years ago. That is what I think makes the model really special

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Thank you so much BE, Dilbert55, Hartmut, and Christian

for your kind comments and much appreciated compliments...

B.E,

I`m very pleased the KWdG finds the approval of a master builder as you are, many thanks for your nice words...

Dilbert55,

yeah, in lack of large amplifyers the passengers have to put up with the "Humpa..." band, good old hand made musik

Hartmut,

glad you find pleasure exploring the build..., it was my most challenging one so far...

Christian,

I`m very pleased that the aimed heritage and  nostalgic touch could come over with this model, thanks for your words...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Hi Lawrence,

thanks very much for catching up again, and for your nice words, much appreciated...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Thank you very much Oystein,

for your kind appreciation, and thanks a lot for following this build...., glad you like it

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much Jan,

hope you had a pleasant time.... and thanks for your compliment, much appreciated....

I still have`nt placed her in the glass case because an ordered brass engraved Data plate has not arrived yet (it goes into the case)

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed