Mirabell61

SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse-(short KWdG)-1897-1914-by Nils Langemann - FINISHED - scale 1:144 - POF - first German four stacker of the Norddeutscher Lloyd line

Can you imagine being a kid and having a grandfather like Nils? Visiting his home and seeing his models would be like going to heaven for a child...and for an adult like me. 

Just beautiful and so entertaining to see. It enlightens all the senses.

I missed the case building while away for my wife's birthday.  The completed model is a real credit to you, Nils.  You've really captured the atmosphere of the ship - she looks superb.  Congratulations on a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

John

Thanks go to mates,...  -  Mark (Tiedens) - Mark (Taylor) - CDW - Bob - John - Chris - Grant - Keith,......

for your kind words, congrats, and appreciative comments, very much appreciated, also many thanks to all that clicked the "likes" button

Nils

7 minutes ago, KeithAug said:

I find myself looking at the crew and passengers and wonder what they are thinking. My guess is the bridge crew are looking out and wondering where the sea went.

Oh, they all have a very lively imagination Keith......

Cheers, Nils

43 minutes ago, RGL said:

Holy hell that's good. There is going to be a big hole in your day now you've finished your Opus. 

Hi Greg,

yes, and the admiral has also noticed this,.... pointing out that now there is the time to get house and garden all cleared up, repairs done and all to date postponed work  ..., etc...., and whats my secret, I am already holding a set of plans for the next project, but I better not tackle it straight away...

Nils

thank you very much Martin,

and foir catching up the final phase, I`m very pleased you like it......  :)

The garden lays in the responsibility of the admiral and I get orders now and then to take care of sweat creating work, like digging out a big bush, setting a path with granite stone steps. etc...  :(

Nils

I am sure you're releaved it's done. Without a doubt the figures on deck and in the wheelhouse make her come alive.

Once she is mounted in the case she will be a thing of beauty and Mark is right she is deserving of being in a museum rest assured.

Congrat's Nils!!!!!

Jeff

This has been so much fun to watch!  Not only have you you achieved an astounding level of detail throughout, but with the meticulous paintwork and brass work, your model resembles the great builder's models done as presentations to their clients--I can picture this as the Office centerpiece of a fin-de-siecle shipping magnate...  Thank you for sharing this with us.