San Felipe by Sherry – Scale 1:96

I saw your comment on the Ark issue.........I didn't want to give you the impression,  that I had the impression,  and make you think,  that I thought,  that you were making an Ark.  besides........I didn't see any animals! ........only two............only two :D :D :D

very nice progress........very nice detail done on the doors ;)    I tried to make molding like that with a different approach......with the use of sand paper {I have pictures of this somewhere}    .....very time consuming,  I can tell you that!   I have an old Ambroid kit of an HO train,  and in the kit,  is this very nice scribed molding.  Ambroid was very well known for different types of milled wood.   today,  the company has changed hands {Northeastern scale models}  ......they now only do structures and doll house supplies.   I'm sure Andy knows of a good outlet for specially milled wood

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Sherry I would love to see that.. Can you imagine it on a big seriously detailed build like yours, all the Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My! with their heads sticking out.. Classic :)

Thanks for the Cloth/Grain tip by the way!

Those browns and blues on the hull look 'the business'  too.

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words and well wishes for my brother. My heart is saddened, beyond words, to report that he passed away this afternoon.

I know this is a build log for my ship, but I would like to post one photo as a mini tribute to him - my favourite photo of him:

post-167-0-48529400-1384471251_thumb.jpg

My "big" brother Brian

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

I forgot to mention that he loved my model ships and was thrilled that I had taken up where my Dad left off...

Edited by Newdarksider101

Sherry

So sorry to hear of your brothers passing, I know you have a lot of found memories of him which will help you through this sad time.

My prayers go out to you and your family. God bless!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Sherry,

I'm saddened to hear this.  A good picture and fond memories are the best way to remember anyone who's not with us anymore.  I hope your good memories will ease your pain.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I am very saddend to hear about your brother Sherry.  My prayers go out to you and your family, may God bless you all....

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

You have our sincerest condolences on the loss of your brother.  He deserves to be on these pages as a part of you.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

sad to hear of your brother's passing.   I could think of a thousand things to say,  but they could never fill the void your feeling right now.

my condolences to you and your family :(

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Sherry My heartfelt condolences to you and your family for the loss of your brother.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Sherry,

my sincere condolences to yours and your families loss

I will light some candles and pry for you all

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

Very sorry for your loss Sherry, my prayers are with you and yours.

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Sherry, I have been silently following your build, magnificent work - especially at such a small scale.

You have my sincere condolences for your loss.

Wes Cook

Current Build: USF Constitution (Model Shipways)

USF Essex (Scratch build)

MS Syren (build log lost, need to rebuild)

Future Builds: MS Confederacy

Sherry, I too want to extend my sincere condolences for your loss.  May the Almighty One give you and your family strength.

In Christian love, 

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Dear Sherry,

Sjors and I are very saddened to hear of your brothers loss.

Our sincere condolences to you and your family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

May the happy memories of Brian fill your heart.

Anja& Sjors

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Sherry. My sincere condolences to you and your family. You have certainly given your brother a place of honour here.

Dear Sherry, I lost my elder brother four years ago. We were both modellers and when he died I had no one to share my hobby with until I found this website and the marvellous people who populate it. I often think of him when I'm building my model ship and when I saw Anjas moving sentiment at the end of her posts I must admit to shedding a few tears. My sincere condolences on the sad loss of your brother

Tony

My prayers go out to you and your family, may God bless you all.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Sherry, just caught up on your log, sorry to hear of your loss 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 1 month later...

Hi Sherry, just wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank-you to everyone for the kind words and support. The shipyard was quiet for a while, but lately I found the time and desire to make sawdust again.

Now on to the update.

I managed to cut the curved railings at the bow from a half dowel that I had first hollowed with some of my carving tools, and then installed them.

post-167-0-91766300-1389145381_thumb.jpg

post-167-0-50771200-1389145388_thumb.jpg

I used some brass wire, which I coiled, cut, and flattened, for the outer face of the round gun ports.

post-167-0-10726300-1389145392_thumb.jpg

post-167-0-48838300-1389145398_thumb.jpg

The railings are finished, as well as one of the stern decorations.

post-167-0-55347000-1389145561_thumb.jpg

The flash was a little extreme in this photo and as a result the blue appears much brighter than it really is.

post-167-0-23094900-1389145567_thumb.jpg

And this is where she stands at the moment.

post-167-0-01619800-1389145573_thumb.jpg

Sherry

the progress of your build looks great!   glad to see your finding time  ;)  that's a neat way to make gun ports........I'll have to keep it in mind when making port holes.........{we all have our uses :D :D :D for ideas}

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: