San Felipe by newbuilder101 (Sherry) – Scale 1:96

To add another WOW !

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hello Sherry.

San Felipe - 1690  - Lead Ship of the Spanish Armada

A ship named " San Felipe " has never existed in the Spanish Armada.

It is a product of the imagination of Lusci, and Panart-Company.

But neverthless well built by Sherry.

Karl         :10_1_10:

Google Translator

Thank-you everyone for the kind comments and "likes". They are appreciated very much!

Regarding comments on the existence of San Felipe, please refer to my very first post in this log: link to first post

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

Since my last update I have applied one coat of wipe on poly which darkened the hull to a moderate degree. 

The starboard gun port liners are now cut, painted brown, and installed.

post-167-0-86683200-1393708717_thumb.jpg

post-167-0-75408000-1393708724_thumb.jpg

Two trim/molding pieces were fabricated and fixed to the edges of the lower balcony, as well as finishing the remainder of the decorative S braces between the upper and lower balcony.

post-167-0-69980100-1393708747_thumb.jpg

More decorations were fabricated and added to the stern section.

post-167-0-85807400-1393708728_thumb.jpg

Now to get busy and make the port side liners for a total of 92 rectangular gun port liners!

Sherry

Practice makes perfect !

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

beautifully done Sherry.....you've done a superb job thus far!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Crackers and Edwin: Thank-you! I am very flattered by your comments! In all fairness, I think that there are many modelers here who are above my knowledge and skill level.

I would love to be able to wear the hat marked "Master", but I tried it on and it doesn't fit yet. I sneaked in and tried the hats for Danny, Doris, Remco, EdT (to name just a few of the many) and they were so large I disappeared! Have to confess though, loved the hats.  :P  :D

Slors: A Lego ship....hmmmm.....that might be fun! Seriously though, your ships are wonderful and you are NOT a novice! 

Doris and I sisters? If we were, I would be the older one and therefore should be better and more experienced, but that's not the case - it's a long road to catch up to her skill!!!  :o  :huh:

Sherry

Looking better all the time.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Am i too late to add another WOW

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Sherry,

Great job.  Are you planning to mast and rig it?  With or without sails?  I am wondering what can be next to see.  Lovely work!!

Walt Biles

Hi Sherry..... I am so impressed with your talent for model ship building,the San Felipe is looking just great!! Not only are women taking over the lead roles in the movies, it looks like you gals  are  taking over here too!! :P :P keep the good work up......... I'm learning a lot!! :D

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

I echo other's thoughts...master is the word that comes to mind. She is absolutely exquisite!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Sherry the shot from below the stern shows what a beautiful job you are doing, I say this because it is a view that we do not see a great deal and it is a difficult area to build it looks really superb.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thank-you Walt! I am planning to mast and fully rig with sails. Some will probably be clewed. That's in the distant future though - much work to be done before that.

Thank-you Frank! We are not really taking over. ;)  :rolleyes: We just finally discovered all the fun you "guys" have been having with this hobby!  :D

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you Robbyn! I like a comment Doris made in her log, that she will try to continue to build her model as well as she can to live up to all the praise!

Thank-you Michael! I am truly inspired to keep building to as high a standard as possible. My inspiration? The generous comments I receive and all the outstanding models I view here on MSW like yours!

Sherry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sherry -

Just found your build log and got a little time to look it over.  Wonderful work-woman-ship.  It's just a shame that there are only so many hours in the day and days in the year to study, appreciate, and learn from talented builders like you. 

Whenever I can I will go back and read all the pages from the beginning, and all the future pages as well .  It sure beats watching reruns of CSI . . .

Be well

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein