Int'l. Dragon Class II - by Cap 'n' Bob - 1:48 scale - small - Finished

Thanks to all of you for your likes and encouraging words.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thanks Lawrence.  What are you working on now?

Bob

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

looking great Bob.........the deck sheer really makes the model.   coaming and cabin looks awesome!    wonderful!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Popeye.

Bob

OK.  I did it again.  I finished the boat and didn’t take pictures until the end.  I keep telling myself, ‘next time I will take pictures and let my friends see how I build’, but I keep forgetting.  Anyway I had a seated lady figurine that I show as sailing the boat.  The admiral says she thinks this dragon is better than the first and she is happy with it.  Now I get to go on to other things without feeling guilty.  What a relief.  Here are the pictures.

Bob

post-513-0-08942600-1442697010_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-96929300-1442697019_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-88656200-1442697032_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-34919700-1442697042_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Love the model ... both of them ;-) ... the socket/base plate might be a tad bigger for my taste though ... looks a bit disproportionate ... too feeble in comparison

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Just beautiful, Bob.   Congrats on finishing her.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks to all of you for following along on this build and encouraging me along the way.

Frank, like all of us I have a long list of boats I want to build.  Just which one, or something new is yet to be seen.

Bob

Thanks Igor.

Bob

Well with her arms in her lap Bob it looks like she is sailing along as balanced as can be.

Beautiful looking boat Sir!

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Congrats Bob,

to the completion of your good looking Dragon model....

Have you already given her a Name, other than Dragon Class II ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Michael, thanks. I understand they are great boats to sail.

Igor she was part of a set of RR figures.

Nils, I was going to name ser after the admiral but she said no.

Bob

great work Bob!  congratz on another fine build gone done!  ;)  I named one after my admiral........yea,  she sputtered,  but it grew on her.   I do recall an old proverb though......."it is better to build another boat,  than a dog house"   wonderful build though  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Popeye.  I'm no good at dog houses.

Bob

Yes, you do what you have to do.  And then cross your fingers.

Bob

Congratulations Cap'n'Bob, She looks Great Nice work , Hat's off to a job well done 

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

Thanks Pete.  Love your Volvo.

Bob

Best wishes to the admiral. I thank her for " inspiring" you to build this gem.

Bob

"Even while the storm raged at it's worst, my ship was wholesome and noble." - Captain Joshua Slocum

Current Builds:

L'Hermione 1780 - 1:89 - Artesania Latina   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10261-hermione-la-fayette-1780-by-bobstrake-artesania-latina-scale-189/#entry305929<p>

Louise - 1:26 - Constructo  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/11855-louise-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-126/?p=360370

Completed Builds:

Carmen 1850 - 1:80 - Constructo - First Build   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10398-carmen-1850-by-bobstrake-constructo-scale-180/#entry31137

Thanks Bob I'll let her know.

Bob