Steam schooner LENA by IgorSky - BOTTLE - scale 1/290 - Finished

I'm going to my room and lie down for a bit.  My brain is numbed by what I just saw.  Amazing isn't enough to describe it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

A woodmill is where wood is sawn into beams or planks, often called mill or sawmill

I found this as translation

лесопилка

You understand so much, it's just to easy to forget we are foreigners here ...

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Igor

How are you?  If you get a chance, could you please indicate how you made your steering wheel?  If so, that'd be great, because I really struggle with these items, whereas you've done a brilliant job.

Hopefully, this is okay with you.

Cheers

Patrick

Lovely work, Igor.  Nice and clean and crisp.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I see a real masterpiece in the making.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thanks Mark, Patrick, Bob and to all who are interested in this project!

The next step - the making of the lifeboats. I need to make 2 lifeboat and I'm starting to do them at the same time, so that eventually they should be the same.

post-17539-0-29864500-1441019563_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-80683500-1441019571_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-68861000-1441019618_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-11925300-1441019627_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-21004600-1441019637_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-80459700-1441019650_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-92951400-1441019659_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-61010700-1441019798_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-94313700-1441019805_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-48185900-1441019814_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-27062900-1441019823_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-63022200-1441019830_thumb.jpg

Edited by IgorSky

Hi Igor,

Love the detail work in this build and I am still recovering from the pictures of your completed bridge! Great stuff!

Ships boats also look wonderful and thank you for showing your method for making them.  I hope you don't mind if I borrow your method to make a boat for my build!

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Hi Igor,

Nothing so advanced as that tiny boat! I just want to make a ships boat for my Red Dragon Chinese junk.  :)

If I understand your pictures, you made up your ships boats by forming a bottom layer and then shaping it.  You then added the thwarts, bow and stern pieces and used them to support the final layer of planking.

Is that right or did I miss an important step?

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Hi Carl,

I think you're exaggerating ))

I also think that each one of us can do almost anything. The main thing - just to start doing it ))

In my methods is nothing improbable or difficult. It's just a set of simple steps and elements.

Best Regards!

Igor.