Steam schooner LENA by IgorSky - BOTTLE - scale 1/290 - Finished

you people doing these are all insane!! this is incredible!!! that little thing on your finger... O.o  kudos, and good luck with final parts!

cheers!

Denis

Current Build: HMS Pandora 3D modeling

Swan Class HMS Pegasus for Admiralty Models 3D Build

My other 3D work: Artstation

You might win a few games at that scale I'll be in for some stupid moves! :)

I'm glad I tie my jaw shut before I have a look at your build logs.

You are really pulling all the plugs, Igor. Increadible. It is magnificent to see the result of your labour. I especially like the "underwater" shot. A great result.

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Oh, thanks, Carl!
This project is also another test of another manufacturing method of water from the two-component silicone.
As you may remember for one of my current projects is very important to get a clear sea. It is very important to be able to see the underwater parts of the composition.

Best Regards!
Igor.

Keyhole surgery Igor !!!,

that was the great magic moment, thanks for sharing !   ;)

it looks excellent how you manage to set the aft mast within the bottle....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

You make it look so easy.  But if it were we would all build in a bottle.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Just magnificent work, Igor.   I can only imagine trying that, but you do make it look easy.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

You make it look so easy.  But if it were we would all build in a bottle.

Bob

Bob, I'm pretty sure many would have done it successfully :)

Just magnificent work, Igor.   I can only imagine trying that, but you do make it look easy.

Thank you, Mark! I think to look is always more frightening than doing :)

Hi everyone!
Many thank you for your words of support and all your LIKES!
So, last evening I was going to fix the back of the mast and its standing rigging, and then install and fix running rigging... But it turned out that the guys on the one hand have been set incorrectly. :(
I had to pull out the mast and do everything over again.
Then I set the running rigging too. These temporary loops did their job :)

post-17539-0-49065700-1487663558_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-94588300-1487663566_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-27177200-1487663574_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-20352300-1487663581_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone!

Many thank you for your words of support and all your LIKES!

So, last evening I was going to fix the back of the mast and its standing rigging, and then install and fix running rigging... But it turned out that the guys on the one hand have been set incorrectly. :(

I had to pull out the mast and do everything over again.

Then I set the running rigging too. These temporary loops did their job :)

attachicon.gif329.jpg

attachicon.gif330.jpg

attachicon.gif331.jpg

attachicon.gif332.jpg

Hey Igor

Mistake, or no mistake, I still 'take my hat off to you". I couldn't do that even if I tried...

Good recovery, though, I must say!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Igor

Like Patrick I just sit here and shake my head. It is amazing to watch how you build and assemble such intricate parts into a bottle. The underwater profile is very nice.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Many thanks Lawrence and Michael for yours feedbacks and to all who have interest to this project!
So, I continue my story. We had 4 days of holidays and days off, so I was able to devote quite a lot of times for work with this project.
As you may recall, back mast was installed in its place, rigging taut, and after yet another validation of transactions, I just had to fix them with glue and trim the excess ends.

333.jpg

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

16711999_771393946346058_2089154769724803806_n.jpg

Thanks for showing and telling about each step.  Well done.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Just fantastic, Igor.  Sorry about the damage but it looks like you have repaired them well.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)