Cutty Sark by markjay - Mantua/Sergal

She begin to look as proud lady, just as it has to be. She get her dress, and She is satisfied. As every lady

Keep on with a good work

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the likes guys. I've not posted for some time (life gets in the way). I'm at this point with the CS my plan is to finish the outer hull work, base paint and finish the cabins and put her aside for a while. Quite frankly this is not one of my favorite builds. I've attached some images of to date progress.

post-2062-0-00455800-1481474220.jpg

post-2062-0-34185400-1481474265.jpg

post-2062-0-41796100-1481474279.jpg

post-2062-0-86166600-1481474300.jpg

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

She is looking real nice, sorry to hear about your frustrations but sometimes it is a good idea to just put it aside and come back later when the mind is refreshed

Mark:

I have been there in this situation. It is quite common. Your work so far looks great. This is a beautiful model. But, work on her when you feel like it and not when you don't.

Russ 

Hi Mark,

Don't worry too much, during my build of this model, I had plenty of frustrating times.

Took me six years of weekends and I'm glad I persevered.

Sometimes I'd go into the Ship Room and walk straight back out.... :)

What you have done thus far is looking really good!!

(Agree wholeheartedly with Don/Russ's comment.)

Keep it up!!

Cheers....HOF.

Edited by hof00

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

Amati/Partworks 1/200 Bismarck

A/L Sanson

• 3 weeks later...

HI Mark,

Looking good!  Like everyone else, I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.  I have the same issues with frustration and life getting in the way.  Due to work travel and trying to make up for being gone so much. Until last week I wasn't able to work on the ship since September.  Also, it is why I've been working on this ship since 2003.  I'm finally rigging and attaching sails.

keep on doing a great job!!

Also I just posted to your question about the burton.  If your question was about the Cutty or a clipper, then my answer applies, if not then just skip it.

Take care,

Marc

Edited by keelhauled

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks Guy, very little progress on CS, lost interest in it for awhile, moving on to other builds and a lot of naval book reading in the meantime. Coming to an end of my HMS Fly build (incomplete build log) but I'm happy with the result. I'll either move back to the CS or take a shot at my Blue Jacket Jefferson Davis which I have framed. I guess I have started too many builds and just have to get my act straight.

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cutty Sark is my favorite tall ship of all time.  I just think her lines are gorgeous!  I have this exact same kit but do not currently possess the skill required to do it justice, so I will be watching this build with great interest when you get back to it.  I'm hopeful I can get to your February meeting in Surprise and discuss your experiences with and opinions of the kit in more detail.

Don

San Tan Valley, AZ 

Current Build: Chesapeake Bay Flattie by Midwest Products

Completed Builds:  Chesapeake Bay Crabbing Skiff by Midwest Products