Paranza by maurino - FINISHED - Corel - 1:25

For a few weeks he's building a model of paranza , typical boat of the Adriatic Sea. The kit of Corel, actually the end result will deviate from the original project because I want to build the fishing boat "Mirella", the museum boat sea of Cesenatico. That's what I want to play ....
Mauro

post-1301-0-72085400-1439758366_thumb.jpg

post-1301-0-09012500-1439758380.jpg

post-1301-0-90509900-1439758411_thumb.jpg

post-1301-0-58042100-1439758436_thumb.jpg

Edited by maurino

Hi Mauro. It's a beautiful boat and I'm looking forward to see the model...

I have met these boats in many photos in our archive (3w.naftotopos.gr), sailing also in Aegean sea.

Do you know  whether these boats could be departing from Adriatic or it was part of the fishery of the Dodecanese, while the Islands were Italian colonies.

The below photo is taken in Crete.

Thanks

post-617-0-58058700-1439805862_thumb.jpg

Hi Mauro. It's a beautiful boat and I'm looking forward to see the model...
I have met these boats in many photos in our archive (3w.naftotopos.gr), sailing also in Aegean sea.
Do you know  whether these boats could be departing from Adriatic or it was part of the fishery of the Dodecanese, while the Islands were Italian colonies.
The below photo is taken in Crete.
Thanks

Hi Thanasis , I do not know if the paranza pushed to the Aegean Sea in fishing trips, their shape makes them good boats for the shallow waters typical of the Adriatic Sea, poorly adapted to sail in the open sea. But I can not exclude that in some cases some sailor more "adventurous" has been pushed to the Greek waters, even while surfing not too far from the coast. I take advantage of the 'opportunity to congratulate you for your wonderful models of traditional Greek boat, an encyclopaedia for images on the Greek maritime culture.

Mauro

Thanks for your reply and your kind words Mauro.

Just to close the parenthesis of the presence of the Paranzas in Aegean sea, most of them appear in photos of ports in Crete (very south) but there are also 1-2 in port of Thessaloniki (very North).

Happy modeling

Thx 

Thanks for your reply and your kind words Mauro.
Just to close the parenthesis of the presence of the Paranzas in Aegean sea, most of them appear in photos of ports in Crete (very south) but there are also 1-2 in port of Thessaloniki (very North).
Happy modeling
Thx 

Hi Thanasis, would be interesting to investigate whether the fishing boats photographed in Greek ports are Italian boats that have "unlimited" in the Aegean Sea or used boats even by Greek fishermen.

Mauro

Well, I haven't met anything in Gr. bibliography for these kind of boats,  neither for the construction nor for the use by the Greeks...

It could had been  a case of use in Ionian Sea (Adriatic) although I consider it as unlikely.

As about the nationality... I have at least ten old photos of those boats but only one with flags on them which leaves no doubt about the origin...

Thx

post-617-0-01861400-1439851038.jpg

Edited by Thanasis

Well, I haven't met anything in Gr. bibliography for these kind of boats,  neither for the construction nor for the use by the Greeks...
It could had been  a case of use in Ionian Sea (Adriatic) although I consider it as unlikely.
As about the nationality... I have at least ten old photos of those boats but only one with flags on them which leaves no doubt about the origin...
Thx

From the picture you posted the original Italian is very clear, obviously it's Italic boats that have gone to fish in Greek waters, no doubt about it !!!

Mauro

• 2 weeks later...

Good job, she looks just like the picture.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Even late, I wish you happy birthday Mauro and many beautiful models on your workbench...

Thanasis

To think outside of the box and use something from another source to make your boat look the way you want is not cheating.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray