Model workshop layouts

We are in the process of having a new house built and I have a new workshop location dedicated to building wooden model ships. It is "L" shaped one leg being about 8' x 13' and the other leg being about 6' x 16'. I would really like to see some pictures of model workshops that other builders have so I can get some ideas of how I could best layout my workshop. Would really appreciate you all sharing any pictures you may have of your work areas. Thanks

Tim, see the pm I sent.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Hi Tim, you have lots of options for 200 square feet.  There are many photos of workshops already posted to this forum.  

My second suggestion is to get a copy of Antonio Mendez' book "William Frederick's Scale Journey' in which he has very good photos of his workshop and how he crammed many tools and storage ideas into smaller spaces.  (I have a new one for sale on ebay for under $9 - William Frederick's Scale Journey (321834853112) )  

His book is also full of great ideas and techniques for building models. 

Anyway, best wishes in setting up a new shop.                      Duff

Be sure to place all the sawdust producing tools in one "L" where a vacuum unit can reach them easily.  Then use the other "L" as a clean assembly area.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)