Caxton Pictorial Histories (Napoleonic Period) - Recommended?

Just wondering if anyone has read the Caxton (or Chatham) Pictorial History set of books published by Chatham and Caxton Publishing in the late '90s and early 00's.  The set of books covers the British Navy from 1793 to 1816.  Any thoughts/reviews regarding these books?

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

I have this whole series, and I highly recommend it.  Each page is packed with illustrations, with each one given the museum reference number in the caption.  It is very easy to use these books as a base for further research into a topic.  Each book, which discusses a particular time frame, is further divided into short vignettes of individual actions, campaigns, and theaters of action.  

I could go on, but if you are interested in the history and equipment of the RN from the American War for Independence through the end of the Napoleonic wars, you really could not go wrong purchasing any or all of these books.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I have five of these books:-

The Naval War of1812.

The Victory of Sea Power.

The Campaign of Trafalgar.

Nelson Against Napoleon.

Fleet Battle and Blockade.

Were there others in this compelling series? I'd be grateful if someone would let me know which (if any) I'm missing.

• 4 months later...