Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

That's quite a marina Patrick.  I'm continually amazed at the scale you're able to work in.  Every time your thumb sneaks into a photo it reminds me of how small your models are.  The work is so fine that they appear bigger when alone in a photo.  Great work!

Hi Frank

Many thanks. I have to admit that when I put one of my miniatures against one of old RC yachts, I think the same thing. The RC boats are absolutely massive in comparison.

I hope you're well and that your next project is coming along soon.

All the best!

Patrick

That's a nice fleet you've got there! Great work!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi Patrick

I'm doing much better since the operation in the fall - thanks for the kind wishes. I'm now back to 'normal' and have started real work on the next project after spending some time doing the planning. I hope to start a build log in the next week or so.

Happy birthday Patrick! I hope you have a great day today, full of free time to do as you please! (Looking forward to your next update :P)

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

G'day Patrick

Happy belated birthday. Sorry that I missed it yesterday, hoped that you had a great day my friend.

Allthebest

Greg

post-16911-0-52241600-1458249498.gif

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Add my belated, Happy Birthday wishes.

I too, look forward to updates on your project.

Steve

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Hope you're having a great birthday, Patrick!!!!

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hope you're having a great birthday, Patrick!!!!

Hi Mark - many thanks. I certainly enjoyed the day with family and friends.

Add my belated, Happy Birthday wishes.

I too, look forward to updates on your project.

Steve

Thanks Steve for the birthday wishes. Hopefully, I'll have another update soon.

G'day Patrick

Happy belated birthday. Sorry that I missed it yesterday, hoped that you had a great day my friend.

Allthebest

Greg

Hi Greg. Many thanks for the birthday greetings. I hope all's well with you and your family.

Happy Birthday Patrick!  :) attachicon.gifpost-76-0-49134600-1429333364.gif

Hi George. Thanks for the birthday greetings and I hope you had a great day, too.

Happy birthday Patrick! I hope you have a great day today, full of free time to do as you please! (Looking forward to your next update :P)

Hi Elijah. Many thanks. I'm hoping to get an update posted soon. Thanks fir the birthday wishes!

All the best, everyone and thanks!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

A VERY belated happy birthday Patrick and many more to come.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi Piet

Many thanks! One of my big sisters says that she can still remember the days when, instead of carrying me (as a baby) properly, she'd "accidentally" drop me on my head! Now, not only was that a very long time ago, judging by my age, but, I guess that explains why I have these tremors in my head! LOL

Anyhow, have a great day.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick, Looking forward to seeing this one. I tried a yacht last year, it ended up being 3 feet long and almostas heavy as a real one ...lol

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

G'day Patrick

I just realized how you got your name, assuming I'm correct. .... Saint Patrick, I wonder?

Havagoodone mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Hi everyone

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes!

As is customary for some reason with this build, I've been jumping around a bit, in comparison to my normally systematic approach. Therefore, things may seem a bit jumbled. Nonetheless, I've started to fashion the Sun Deck's "wing", upon which the radar domes and antanaes will eventually reside.

In the main deck, I've also started on the galley and the owner's stateroom. Everything's incomplete, though, so there's stll lots and lots of work to go, including the finishing and sanding, but here are the photos anyway.

I hope you enjoy them

Cheers and thanks

Patrick

post-7645-0-03441000-1458399134_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-13322800-1458399168_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-54327100-1458399186_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-15314300-1458399202_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-81804200-1458399216_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-29635800-1458399248_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-93426000-1458399286_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-20452600-1458399339_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

Very nice work, Patrick! She is looking more awesome each time. Totally dig that master suite. Comfy big bed and that cool tiny TV. Keep up the great work in the boatyard.

Many thanks! I reckon she's getting there, slowly. The TV's a nice touch, too. Afterall, what self-respecting billionaire would own a motor yacht without one?

Thanks once again and all the best!

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Patrick.

Wow, wow, wow thats amazing mate. There's something saintly about this boat, I can't put my finger on it!

The huge tiny tv is a great tough mate. Looking forward to see more.

Havagooday my friend

Greg

Hi Greg

Many thanks.  I really like your comment and, I have to agree with you about there being 'something' about the design.  In fact, when I was initially scouring the Internet to find a suitable ship to model, for some reason, this ship just stood out with flashing lights and sirens.  So, to say that there's something appealing about her design is an understatement, for sure.  I just had to build her.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Patrick.

Wow, wow, wow thats amazing mate. There's something saintly about this boat, I can't put my finger on it!

The huge tiny tv is a great tough mate. Looking forward to see more.

Havagooday my friend

Greg

I've just realised what I was trying to put my finger on... not saintly, but heavenly! I woud feel that I have died on gone to heaven if I was the owner.

Havagooday Patrick

Greg