Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

Hi Patrick

I have been tied up with house hold chores both inside and out since early Sept. and have not been in the old ship hardly at all in that time period. Today I went to have a look at your Symphony Build Log and was very surprised that you had completed her in my absence , I do want to congratulate you an such a fine build as your Symphony with all of that very fine details that you have added both in side and out

I was even more surprised to find that you have started a new build the Magellan, and you have completed the hull already and starting on the interior divinations, she sure is looking great and promises to be a great very interesting ship to sit back and enjoy watching you bring her to life.

I was shocked to here that you had a stay in the hospital, it sure appears that you have over come that very well with the rate of speed you are running in the old ship yard these days., WELL DONE.

My Admiral and I wish You and your Family a very Merry Christmas and an even Better and Happier New Year to come, ENJOY

Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence

Great to hear from you and I'm glad that you're well. The hospital stay was an unwelcome distraction and I'm glad that's all over. Thanks also for complimenting me about my Symphony model. She was a joy to build, that's for sure.

Good luck with your house and I hope that you'll be able to get back to your models soon. I'm especially keen to see how you build your African Queen model.

All the best for Christmas and 2016!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

You're going great guns Patrick! Can't wait for the real deal.

On an another matter, my admiral and I wish you and your family and all of your loyal readers a very merry Christmas and a wonderful 2016.

Havagooday mate.

Greg

Hi Greg

Many thanks and I wish you and your family all the very best for Christmas and 2016!

Enjoy and take care.

Cheers

Patrick

Amazing work in styrene Patrick,

you are scouting out new land,... wunderbar

Nils

Hi Nils

You're right! I've never used so much styrene in any of my models before, so it's definitely new for me.

Great fun trying new methods and materials, that's for sure.

All the best for Xmas and 2016 and thanks!

Cheers

Patrick

I apologize for my lack of visits Patrick,my head is now full with moving furniture and van loading :rolleyes:

Your model is looking fabulous B) and nice Ball timepiece BTW ;)

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year mate

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Great to hear from you and thanks for stopping by. Does the moving van mean that you've now been able to sell your house? Great news and well done!

Thanks also for commenting on my watch. She's a beauty and, even though she's carved from a solid block of titanium, she's as light as a feather.

All the best for Christmas and New Year!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Best wishes for the holidays, Patrick.  I see you have good taste in watches as well as ships.

Hi Frank

Many thanks! Great to hear from you and I wish you and your family all the best for Christmas and the New Year!

Stay safe.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi mate, best wishes for Christmas for you and your family!!! :) :) Your Majellan looks great!! :) :) I like the watch too... My favorite is the Ωmega speedmaster pro (moon watch) Neil Armstrong... :D :D

Cheers

Dimitris

Hi Dimitris

Many thanks. I also have a soft spot for the Omega Speedmaster (Moon Watch), but I've yet to actually own one (I've got six other Omegas in my collection). If you've got one, then I certainly envy you.

All the best to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick, your yacht is really coming along.  Your using styrene really gives it a modern (fancy appearance}.  But remember that styrene and bright lights do not play nice with each other.  Years ago I remember a modeler brought a model of the PT109 to Manitowoc and because of the heat and light it had started melting in his car.  Just keep it at normal temps and you will never have to worry about any problems.

David B

Wow patrick, your Mahellan looks like it's going Mag 3!  You and your family have a very merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous and healthy 2016.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Patrick, your yacht is really coming along.  Your using styrene really gives it a modern (fancy appearance}.  But remember that styrene and bright lights do not play nice with each other.  Years ago I remember a modeler brought a model of the PT109 to Manitowoc and because of the heat and light it had started melting in his car.  Just keep it at normal temps and you will never have to worry about any problems.

David B

Wow patrick, your Mahellan looks like it's going Mag 3!  You and your family have a very merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous and healthy 2016.

Hi David

Good advice. The last thing I want is a melted pool of styrene!

Have a great Christmas and all the best for 2016!

Cheers

Patrick

Cheers,

Cheers,

Hi Piet

Many thanks. I hope both you and Gwen have the best time over Christmas and the New Year!

All the best.

Patrick

Season Greetings Patrick, Enjoy the festivities and all the very best for 2016 mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Hi folks

I'm loving this mock-up of the superstructure; so much in fact, that I'm starting to use it as a mould to fabricate each deck's cabin structure.

I've even started to get a sense as to how I can lift off each deck in order to reveal the internal work (please see the individual photos below).

Have a great Xmas tomorrow!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-70202400-1450948497_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-58754200-1450948511_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-92026200-1450948527_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-21122700-1450948547_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-53256600-1450948566_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-86992500-1450948582_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-29954600-1450948601_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-86428900-1450948646_thumb.jpeg

Hi folks

I'm loving this mock-up of the superstructure; so much in fact, that I'm starting to use it as a mould to fabricate each deck's cabin structure.

I've even started to get a sense as to how I can lift off each deck in order to reveal the internal work (please see the individual photos below).

Have a great Xmas tomorrow!

Cheers

Patrick

very elegant Patrick,

Happy christmas

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi Patrick,

Really been enjoying seeing your mock up work come together...very interesting to watch how you are puzzling out how include the complexity of accessing the interior decks. She's going to be a real beauty as the mock up already looks great!

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Thanks Nigel!

She's been a real head scratcher, that's for sure. I've never made a model that's given me so many headaches as I'm having with this one...but, she's a hell of a lot of fun. Nothing like a challenge!

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Cheers

Patrick

as they say......looks great on paper.   it's good to do a mock up.......it will give you a better view of the concept.    she's looking really super! ;)   shaping up to be a fantastic build!  have a great Christmas and enjoy the Holidays!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Impressive to say the least, Patrick.   I'm looking forward seeing this through....  No pressure.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Yup, that'll work Patrick.  As they say, where there's a will, there's a way.  And it looks like you found the way to build the removable decks. Hey, nothing like a good challenge, keeps the gre matter young.

Have a great Christmas and i'll see you before new year's I hope.

Cheers, 

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

That mock up really gives one a good idea on how the Omega is going to look.  Have you ever done casting before?  Have a Merry Christmas.

David B

Patrick, I am just catching up on your project, it's looking really great. 

Have a Merry Christmas and best wishes for a hew year.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

That mock up really gives one a good idea on how the Omega is going to look.  Have you ever done casting before?  Have a Merry Christmas.

David B

Thanks David!!  Michael Mott gave me a few good pointers in an earlier post about mouldings, but I haven't tried it yet.  Maybe I might give it a go for the cabins, but I'm not sure yet.  Knowing me, I'd probably stuff them up.

Patrick, I am just catching up on your project, it's looking really great. 

Have a Merry Christmas and best wishes for a hew year.

Thanks Steamschooner!  I hope you're having a great Christmas today and all the best for 2016.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Impressive to say the least, Patrick.   I'm looking forward seeing this through....  No pressure.

Can't agree more! But I'll give you pressure, looking forward to see what you'll do next mate.

Havagooday to rest after Christmas yesterday, and then onto your build again..

Cheers

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hi everyone

By jove, I think I'm getting the hang of this superstructure riddle! Slowly, by slowly, it's starting to come together. It's been a long haul, but at least I'm getting there. Still a bucket load of work to go, though.

My son took the following photos; hence why they're better than anything I could do.

Have a great New Year and thanks to all who commented and hit the Like button!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-46586500-1451310177_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-50471000-1451310198_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-59788800-1451310217_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

She's a beauty as she is,  and she comes apart?  Wow.

lol

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray