Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

Wow! Man, I love seeing those interiors come to life!

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Beautiful work Patrick, she's coming together rather nicely

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

G'day Patrick

George "hit the nail on the head" when he mentioned about the scale of the model compare to your hand! I thought the same thing and the previous photos are more amazzzzzzzzing when you think how small it really is.

Btw, did I see a shower head in one of the bathrooms, it was too out of focus to see exactly. 

Again my mate, WELL DONE. 

Havagoodweekend

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

That is a lot of fine detail work inside a little space Patrick.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Patrick, I hope you realize that what you are doing is imposable.  On the other hand it's a fine job.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi folks!

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes!

I've managed to do a bit more work on the lower deck's accommodation as well as detailing some of the engine bay's myriad of assorted cupboards, drawers and a work bench.  To be honest, I really have no idea what the interior of the engine bay really looks like because no photos of the real ship's interior are available.  So....I'm using my imagination and whatever information I can glean from photos of similar sized luxury motor yacht's engine bays on the internet.  

Oh well, at least I'm trying to make it look convincing!

Cheers and all the best.

Patrick

post-7645-0-77079800-1454159957_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-85371100-1454159964_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-66068400-1454159970_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-36077200-1454159977_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-13931400-1454159984_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-69490200-1454159990_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-23335500-1454159997_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-70077100-1454160003_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-33077800-1454160010_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-05300200-1454160017_thumb.jpg

Lovely fitting out Patrick,

the "boats garage" with the maintenance area and workbench look great  .. ;) (your imagination works splendid !)

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi Patrick - your Engine Bay looks like it will become a dream shop.  Looks like that's a fun part of the build - letting your imagination work for you.

Looks Great, Patrick, she fitted out rather nicely 

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

Thanks Nils.  Now, I've got to do the two Caterpillar engines, or at least something looking vaguely similar.  They should be fun!!

Patrick,

did you already find suitable Cat-engine blocks ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Looking great there, Captain Patrick! Your ship is looking splendid and very accurate. Many of the large motoryachts (many boats over 90 feet in length, for sure anything over 110 feet long) would have a special area for an engineer to monitor and operate the machinery, as well as do the necessary maintenance as you have prepared for. The boatyard is humming along very nicely, she will be sailing in no time.

Sweet work, Patrick.  Should we send you a Caterpillar D9 so you can scale the engine down?    :D  :D  :D   Yeah, I know.. wrong engine. ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Here is a link for some pics for Cat engines used for marine purposes. Maybe they'll help you decide which way to go. http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/power-systems/marine-power-systems/high-performance-propulsion-engines.html

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Here is a link for some pics for Cat engines used for marine purposes. Maybe they'll help you decide which way to go. http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/power-systems/marine-power-systems/high-performance-propulsion-engines.html
  [

Hi George - thanks heaps! The link is really useful and will get me off to a good start, I'm sure!

quote name=mtaylor" post="384679" timestamp="1454186914]Sweet work, Patrick.  Should we send you a Caterpillar D9 so you can scale the engine down?    :D  :D  :D   Yeah, I know.. wrong engine. ;)  

Hi Mark! That'd be nice. I can always tell my wife- "Hey Honey. I shrunk the Caterpillar.....!"

Patrick,did you already find suitable Cat-engine blocks ?

Nils

Hi Nils. I think I have a rough idea about what the Cat engine is. I'm hoping that George's link above will help me to get at least a rough idea of how to make a reasonable example.

Looking great there, Captain Patrick! Your ship is looking splendid and very accurate. Many of the large motoryachts (many boats over 90 feet in length, for sure anything over 110 feet long) would have a special area for an engineer to monitor and operate the machinery, as well as do the necessary maintenance as you have prepared for. The boatyard is humming along very nicely, she will be sailing in no time.

Thanks BDGiantman. Reading your comments has given me more confidence that I'm on the right track. Greatly appreciated, as always!

Cheers and all the best, everyone!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

That is really small :o! Great job!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

When the real 1-1 scale yacht is made, can you take me out for a ride ? If I were a high priced movie star, that would be the yacht design I would prefer.

Montani semper liberi   Happy modeling

Crackers    ^_^:):D

Hey Crackers - you're on!!!    :D  :D  :D

G'day Patrick

Your imagination do you justice mate.but don't forget the LED displays monitors on the wall. And the large box of red sidchrome spanners.

Havagooday mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Patrick,

did you already find suitable Cat-engine blocks ?

Nils

Patrick,

there are quite a lot of model engines (Revell, etc....) on the web, but all in too large scales. You mentioned once ..."rough guess about 1:200",  for your model there seems to be a vacuum for availability model wise. Perhaps there are some resin tank-models with visible engines for kits. It looks like you will need to build your own engines, but that`s challenging and fun as well.

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed