Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

G'day Patrick

Your imagination do you justice mate.but don't forget the LED displays monitors on the wall. And the large box of red sidchrome spanners.

Havagooday mate

Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks! I can't say that the LED lights would be easy, but, it'd be fun trying!

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick,

there are quite a lot of model engines (Revell, etc....) on the web, but all in too large scales. You mentioned once ..."rough guess about 1:200",  for your model there seems to be a vacuum for availability model wise. Perhaps there are some resin tank-models with visible engines for kits. It looks like you will need to build your own engines, but that`s challenging and fun as well.

Nils

Hi Nils

Thanks. Given the scale of the boat, the engine would only be about a centimetre long. Although, I'll try to fit in as much detail as possible, it'll never be totally accurate. As long as it looks passable, I'll be happy.

All the best!

Patrick

Thanks George!

All the best for Christmas and 2016! The watch was a gift to me that I bought from my redundancy payout. Not that I needed another watch, but this one was too good to walk away from. I just had to buy it!!

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick,

You are doing a fantastic job on this and at such  small scale. I apologize for not being on here sooner. It is really fun to see it come together.

And you cannot have too many watches!

Bill

Chantilly, VA

Its not the size of the ship, but the bore of the cannon!

Current Build: Scratch Build Brig Eagle

Completed Build Log: USS Constitution - Mamoli

Completed Build Gallery: USS Constitution - Mamoli

Very nice progress Patrick, she's looking great.  A one cm cat engine, with all the "stuff" hanging on it, now that's a challenge and a half.  But - - - you're up to it!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Thanks Piet!

I hope that I'm up to it, too.  Otherwise, if it looks crappy, I'll make sure that my photos will be 'accidentally-but-purposefully' blurry!!!!!    ;)  ;)  ;)

Let's hope not, though!  But, it'll be fun, nonetheless.

Cheers and all the best.

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Worse case scenario, Patrick.  Paint the engine room and the engines black.  No one will know.   :D

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I said it before and I'll say it again. "You know that what you are doing is impossible."  But it looks fantastic.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

very nice detail Patrick........with the imagination your putting into her,  you'll have no problem whipping up a cat engine  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Love those cupboards and the bench Patrick, very nice work, can't wait to see the engine room completed!

Hi folks

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes!

Well, I'll be damned!  These Caterpillar C32 Marine Diesels are going to be the death of me!  I've already built one engine, along with some pipework and I've come to the conclusion that I need Igor and Piet's skills to make a real go at it.  But, at slightly less than a centimetre long, let's be realistic about how much detail I can actually add to them.

I've persevered, though and, have come up with something that looks relatively realistic (well, to me, anyway!).  Please bear in mind that the painting still needs to be done.

Please see the photos below.  

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

post-7645-0-98520000-1454764637_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-57746200-1454764644_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-63881000-1454764651_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-71977900-1454764659_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-22730700-1454764666_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-10548800-1454764673_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-52951000-1454764682_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-75124200-1454764689_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-52000800-1454764696_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-49704300-1454764702_thumb.jpg

Looks great Patrick! Especially considering the size!  Paint will make all the difference. Is there going to be one engine on each side? 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

That engine is so small :o! And you're making two of them!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi Patrick - your work at such small scale continues to impress.

I came across the attached luxury submarine and thought it would be a very interesting next build for you.  Note the price of the real thing - $78,000,000!

http://www.digitalmarketingusa.com/phoenix1000.html

I came across the attached luxury submarine and thought it would be a very interesting next build for you.  Note the price of the real thing - $78,000,000!

Hi Frank

Now, that would be fun to make, not to mention, challenging! 78mil, though. Wow!

Thanks for sharing the info!

All the best!

Patrick

Looks like marine diesel to me, Patrick.  I don't think I'd try to put the Caterpillar logo on the rocker cover, however.   :D

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I looked that over... nice concept but...  the acrylic hull/viewports makes me nervous and there's no maximum dive depth listed.  I like it and it would be great for me, a couple of minions in spiffy uniforms and a white cat to get to the dead volcano island.  :)  :)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Patrick I think it about time you set up a session with Dr Per for therapy.  As for the sub nice idea and some rich kid will pick it up and use it for showing off to the ladies.

David B

Patrick I think it about time you set up a session with Dr Per for therapy.  As for the sub nice idea and some rich kid will pick it up and use it for showing off to the ladies.

David B

Hi David

Thanks, but I think I'm beyond therapy at this stage! Not even Dr Per can help....

As for the sub, well, you're right. What a 'chick magnet'.

Cheers and all the best

Patrick

Looks like marine diesel to me, Patrick. I don't think I'd try to put the Caterpillar logo on the rocker cover, however. :D

Hi Mark

I actually hadn't thought of putting Caterpillar on the rocker cover. Damn. Now, I have to try!!! All thanks to you....LOL

Cheers

Patrick

I looked that over... nice concept but... the acrylic hull/viewports makes me nervous and there's no maximum dive depth listed. I like it and it would be great for me, a couple of minions in spiffy uniforms and a white cat to get to the dead volcano island. :):)

Hi Mark

I'd like it as well. Imagine having a real life sub of your own!

One Powerball....

All the best!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Oooooh, I can already hear them diesels purring!  Looking very realistic from here Patrick with or without the Caterpillar logos.  What a challenge, what a great job.

Cheers, 

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

G'day Patrick

amazing details in the engine! I've got a stupid question: Does the engine actually work? I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Stay cool mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

G'day Patrick

amazing details in the engine! I've got a stupid question: Does the engine actually work? I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Stay cool mate

Greg

Thanks Greg. There's no such a thing as a silly question. In my mind, the engine works perfectly well. In reality, however, not so well.  In reality, there's no hope for me, at all!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

looks good Patrick........once you get both of them in there......you'll see.   they'll fill out the area and with paint,  the added detail will make 'em pop!  nice job my friend!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch