Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

G'day Patrick 

Amazing details on the tiny jet skis. All I can say mate, you have a very steady hand and great eyesight. They look so real, ready to do wave jumping and spinouts.

Havagooday 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

G'day Patrick 

Amazing details on the tiny jet skis. All I can say mate, you have a very steady hand and great eyesight. They look so real, ready to do wave jumping and spinouts.

Havagooday 

Greg 

Hey Pat do you have any small waterbugs that would ride those skis? :)

David B

G'day Patrick 

Havagooday 

Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks! I reckon a steady hand is an absolute must...I can't tell you how many times the tiny hulls disappeared on the floor. I was getting a tad frustrated by the end of the night.

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

Hey Pat do you have any small waterbugs that would ride those skis? :)

David B

Hi Dave

Not water bugs, but our garden has heaps of ants at this time...rotten buggers, they are. But, I reckon one or two of them could easily jet ski down the pond's waterfall. That'd be fun!

Cheers

Patrick

You are still a sick man Patrick but I simply love the build.

Happy modeling,

Marty G.

Hi Marty

Sick. Yep, you're right....but my mother had me treated! Just didn't work; that's all!

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

Outadisworld Patrick!  They look fantastic - what an achievement.  What's the length of those buggers, one finger digit?  That miniature stuff can only be done by crazy people ;) ;) :rolleyes::D

I hope I can do the same someday - - - when the time comes.  At least I can then prove that I am really nuts B):D

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Amazing Patrick.   Just amazing.  I don't think your crazy... or at least any crazier than the rest of us.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

your pull'in my leg............get out!   :o   they look GREAT!!!   paint'em.........with what....a micro brush???  I can just see you with a magnifying glass and a tinnie tiny brush.......OK...  no more joking.......they do look fantastic Patrick....the shape.....the handles.......perfect!

now.....I don't want to sound like a back seat driver on noth'in.......but could you make that other engine.   with only a starboard side engine.....I'm tires of going around in a circle   :P  :rolleyes:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Greg

Thanks! I reckon a steady hand is an absolute must...I can't tell you how many times the tiny hulls disappeared on the floor. I was getting a tad frustrated by the end of the night.

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

I know what you mean. My work area is so messy, but tje floor is clean. I always have to sweep up to find things that I have dropped.

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

I know what you mean. My work area is so messy, but tje floor is clean. I always have to sweep up to find things that I have dropped.

Greg

Hi Greg - messy workplaces are a sign of productivity, which can only be a good thing!

your pull'in my leg............get out!   :o   they look GREAT!!!   paint'em.........with what....a micro brush???  I can just see you with a magnifying glass and a tinnie tiny brush.......OK...  no more joking.......they do look fantastic Patrick....the shape.....the handles.......perfect! now.....I don't want to sound like a back seat driver on noth'in.......but could you make that other engine.   with only a starboard side engine.....I'm tires of going around in a circle   :P  :rolleyes:

Hi Denis - Got it! The port side engine will be next on my list. That'll at least guarantee that Majellan can move in a straight line! Thanks also, for your comments about the jet skis...and, yes, a micro-brush would be useful.

Amazing Patrick.   Just amazing.  I don't think your crazy... or at least any crazier than the rest of us.

Hi Mark - thanks. We are a crazy lot aren't we? But at least we have fun, doing it!

Outadisworld Patrick!  They look fantastic - what an achievement.  What's the length of those buggers, one finger digit?  That miniature stuff can only be done by crazy people ;) ;) :rolleyes::D

I hope I can do the same someday - - - when the time comes.  At least I can then prove that I am really nuts B):D

Cheers,

Hi Piet - Thanks for the compliments....but...Trust me. You're not crazy for contemplating the small stuff and a jet ski would be easy peasy for you. As for me, well, I've got a long way before I reach your standard, but I'm still having fun! I also measured the hulls and they're a teeny tiny 13mm long.

All the best, everyone

Cheers

Patrick

Dozens of beautiful tiny models all put together to make a boat.  How great is that?

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Very Cool Patrick, Beautifully done

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

Patrick, what can I say, its always a joy to read your updates but this is just lovely.

There is craft, there is art and there is also style!

Very Cool Patrick, Beautifully done

Best Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete

I was dreading the thought of doing the tiny jet skis, but in actual fact, they turned out to be easier than expected.

I'm just in the process of painting them now.

More pictures soon.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi everyone

Many thanks for all of your Likes and comments!

Well, so far, I've managed to give the jet skis and the engine their first coat of paint. I'm a bit disappointed about the quality of the first coat of paint because I'm using an old brush, which isn't the best for fine painting. I'll need to buy a new one before I paint anything else.

I've also started on the starboard engine, which remains unpainted. There's still lots of work to go, of course.

Here're the photos below.

All the best!

Patrick

post-7645-0-74681500-1456235370_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-72466700-1456235387_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-44137800-1456235409_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-31936100-1456235429_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-35707000-1456235454_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-26858000-1456235470_thumb.jpeg

fantastic!   what the heck.....just touch 'em up.........the jet skis look fine  :)    port engine......{see,  you were getting dizzy too  :D } looks super......painted up,  it will look just like it's brother.   wonderful update my friend !

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Amazing work Patrick!  :)

Hi George - many thanks, as always.

fantastic!   what the heck.....just touch 'em up.........the jet skis look fine  :)    port engine......{see,  you were getting dizzy too  :D } looks super......painted up,  it will look just like it's brother.   wonderful update my friend !

Hi Denis - many thanks! You're right about the dizziness. Let's hope that the addition of the starboard side's engine will help her to move straight, now.

Cheers

Patrick

Looks great Patrick - just a little touch-up here and there.  What strength magnification do you use when working on it?

Hey Patrick, The Jet Skis look great, beautifully done, do I need to pack a lunch or is the galley fully stocked?

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

Great stuff Patrick....really fun to follow along with you and I knew you would do a great job on the jet skis!   :)

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Denis has hit the nail on it's head with this statement!

You are too bloody fussy. The slightly messy paintwork only shows up in when you blow up the photo. At your scale no one will see it.

Havagooday mate.

Greg

Stunning, amazing - - - fantastic job Patrick.  Okay, a new 000 sable brush and you're in business. 

I'm enjoying your successful work.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)