Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

G'day Patrick

The hull looks so sleek and beautiful. Can't wait for your next chapter. 

Goodonyamate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

From all the pics the second to last really captures the beauty and elegance of the yacht, Nice work Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi everyone

Thanks heaps for all of your comments and Likes, especially to Ben for his professional expertise as a naval architect.

Unfortunately, Father Xmas brought me some very unwelcome early Christmas gifts shortly after I posted the photos above.  Kidney Stones and my very first ride in an Ambulance to the Emergency Dept!  I got discharged a few hours ago.

What fun.  My shipyard may slow down a bit whilst I deal with them, so please bear with me.

All the best to you all!

Patrick

Hello Patrick, sorry to hear about the kidney stones. I know that is paintfull enough. I wish you a quick recovery and all the best mate.

Regards

Dimitris

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

Hi Patrick,

My best wishes for a fast recovery as well...take care and I hope will soon be back in the shipyard!

Really enjoying your Magellan build come together....lovely work!

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Wow -- that's a bummer Patrick. I hope you heal up quickly, and don't forget to follow the saw-bones' orders. 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Good morning Patrick....ouch that's gotta hurt. Sounds like you are in good hands, I am sure that you will be able to get back to the shipyard soon enough. the last couple of picks highlight the hull shape well.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Hi Patrick - sorry to hear about your ailment.  Please follow the doctor's orders - the shipyard will still be there when you're better (voice of experience speaking  :( ), and we'll all still be here waiting for updates!

you've done well to achieve the shape of the hull Patrick.......looks really nice!  sorry to hear about you being sick  :(   age old problem.........older than Keith Richards!  ;)    hope your feeling better

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Patrick.... Hull looking great. Beautiful lines.

Save the kidney stones.... They could be useful somewhere in this build.

Cheers

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

This way, I'm sending you my best wishes for a good and rapid recovery - get well soon, dear Patrick!

... and I will hope, that Christmas holds definitely something else for you - for example, wood instead of stone - thus, it serves much more for building ships!  ;) 

All the best,

Mike

Edited by mikegerber

current scratch build 1:15

Colin Archer - RS14 "Stavanger"

G'day Patrick

What a bummer. They are bloody painful I believe, I passed a gallstone about 5 years ago, and that was painful!l.  I was told by the quacks, they are as bad as kidney stones. 

Well keep up with plenty of water 'until it goes out of your ears' my mate. Being an Ozzie,  you know what I mean.

Get well soon.

I can't say Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Job well done on your model Pat and my sympathies as well.  The maintenance guy at work was doubled on the floor from kidney stones and we had to call an ambulance for him.  Later he said it was the most painful experience he ever had.

David B

I'll add my wishes for a speedy recovery.  And no shipbuilding until you're off the meds!!!!   Been there.. kidney stones are not fun at all.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi David, Greg, Mike, Dave, Denis, Mark and Frank

Thank you for your best wishes! They all mean heaps to me.

I can't believe how painful these little buggers are. My wife had quite a shock, because only 5 to 10 minutes after posting the photos of Magellan, I was doubled up on the ensuite floor, vomit pouring from mouth and 30 minutes later the Ambulance arrived. Neither of us had any warning or prior symptoms. It was that quick!

Anyhow, all the best, everyone and thanks.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick

I have had them three times. Once every 18 years apparently. Last time was while on assignment in Brazil. That was a story.........Anyway they are awful but afterwards lead to greater rocking chair discussions. I sympathize sincerely, wish you well and welcome you to an elite group.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Patrick, what a bummer.  I wish you a very speedy and painless evacuation of that troublesome stone.   Be well my friend and all of us hope to hear some good news, no more stone!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Add my prayers for a speedy recovery to the docket as well! So sorry to hear - I've only had to ride an ambulance once. It was a scary experience - and I wasn't even the patient in need! Hope all is well soon.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Thanks Ben! The ambulance was big inside (obviously, I guess), but noisy as well. There was a cupboard lid that kept opening and closing each time we went over a bump in the road.

Strangely enough, I was in such bad shape that I kept trying to fall asleep, thus ignoring the paramedic who was desperately asking me questions to keep me awake. On quite a few occasions, he gave me this horrific jab in the neck with his thumb and forefinger. It did the trick, because I woke up with a jolt each time, only to fall asleep a short while later. I can't thank him enough because he knew what he was doing and got me to hospital safe and sound.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Yea the Ambos are great, the underpaid heros if you ask me. Will they be treating you with ultrasound to brake up the stones?

All the best mate. You are in our prayers.

Greg

Patrick,

good luck with your surgery my freind, hopefuly you`ll be freed from that pain the Stone causes asap.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and get well soon... :rolleyes:

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

hoping for a speedy recovery.........finger's crossed everything comes out alright  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch