Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

Your doing an awesome job on her Patrick. And all works of art start out rough. It's all part of the process.  :)

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Great progress Patrick, she'll be a jewel for sure.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

G'day Patrick

If you said it "rough", I believe you. But knowing your standard, it will be top notch very soon.

Havagooday my friend

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Woohoo - I think one of my favorite parts of your builds is seeing the bulkheads start going up. Looking good!

Now, are we looking at one deck above the lowest? It seems there isn't a lot of space for an engine room on this level, unless they are wedged in forward of the tender bay (which, actually, wouldn't surprise me.) 

Of course, I could just flip back through and look at the plans again. But that would be too easy.  :rolleyes:

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Hi Ben

Thanks and you're right about the engines. They're squeezed in front of the tender bay!

As far as the decks go, there are three more to go....the main deck, bridge deck and sun deck. That should keep me occupied for a while.

Cheers and all the best

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

nice progress Patrick.........good start on the bulkheads and walls.    are you going to have each deck removable,  to show the lower deck?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Can't wait to see that Patrick. That will be a challenge for me, but a walk in the park for you!

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

What about working plumbing?  Do we get that also?  (Once you see such detail, you have to ask.....).

Ho Ho Ho,

Mark

That's right! Are we also having a working engine? 

Greg

What about working plumbing?  Do we get that also?  (Once you see such detail, you have to ask.....).

Ho Ho Ho,

Mark

:D  :D  :D Pretty funny guy!!  :P  :P

...well....my Dad did make a fully functioning flushing toilet for his RC cabin cruiser model many years ago.  The water pressure was fed by the movement of water through an inlet pipe underwater.  It was pretty nifty.

I guess I can only try.... :P

Edited by Omega1234

...a working engine?????  No pressure...!!!  :huh:

That's a tough order there Patrick, ( pause ) so will there be a working bow thruster as well?( just kidding ) but seriously about the working engines .............Gasoline powered ???????????

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

That's a tough order there Patrick, ( pause ) so will there be a working bow thruster as well?( just kidding ) but seriously about the working engines .............Gasoline powered ???????????

Best Regards,

Pete

Hah! With my mechanical prowess, it'd probably be rubber powered.....And with my luck, it probably still wouldn't work!

Edited by Omega1234

Hi everyone

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes.

The whole idea of trying to think how to do the superstructure with removable decks was really doing my head in. To try and figure things out better, I decided to do a very rough mock-up of the cabin structure out of balsa wood. Please bear in-mind that it's a really, really rough approximation of what it'll look like, but nonetheless, it should be a great aid for me. Here're the photos.

All the best!

Patrick

post-7645-0-86618400-1450253769_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-00784200-1450253786_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-52353100-1450253806_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-10264800-1450253824_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-86521900-1450253877_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-01950300-1450253897_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-53269100-1450253913_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

very nice Patrick..........gonna look awesome when you make the actual structure.    really like where your going with this  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

She's looking great, Patrick.  I'd have to do four or five mockups just to come close.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Patrick, The Mock up looks great, Mock up's are a very helpful tool

Best Regards,

Pete

Edited by Pete48

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

G'day Patrick

Thinking in 2D and working in 3D is very difficult. Your rough mock up will be a great assistance to you. Keep posting mate.

Havagooday

Greg

I like a lot what you are doing on this model and her superb looks so far. As for being able to show off the interiors, I would suggest  something like a lot of tackle boxes do. That being, the layers slide back so that each barely overlays the one beneath so that one can see all the little compartments inside.

post-16473-0-84323900-1450306387_thumb.jpg

Edited by bdgiantman2

I like a lot what you are doing on this model and her superb looks so far. As for being able to show off the interiors, I would suggest  something like a lot of tackle boxes do. That being, the layers slide back so that each barely overlays the one beneath so that one can see all the little compartments inside.

What a great idea and thanks for the suggestion. I'm not quite sure how that'd work in practice as it would mean that each deck would have to slide across on those 'hinges', but it's not impossible. I may just stick with making each deck lift off.

Whether I use your method or some other solution, I can't escape the fact that it's gonna be lots of fun trying to make it all come together.

Thanks and all the very best!

Cheers

Patrick