Bounty by Gentlegiant - Artesania Latina

In the other picture  :D

Kidding aside, looks like page 96?, perhaps he didn't need it for that particular illustration, or could it be an error? 

The following pages don't have it either, but the Mizzen Topgallant is addressed in the mast construction section. 

Edited by thomaslambo

Boyd 

Current Build - HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina - Scale1:48

Hi GG,

Yes, I've been very busy and haven't made much progress on my Bounty.  Your moving along nicely with the build  :)

I purchased replacement wood for all the mast parts (dowels were horribly warped).  How do yours look?  

Boyd 

Current Build - HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina - Scale1:48

I believe that  is just showing you the portside cheek, #568 being the starboard side

GG, Boyd asked me to chime in on this so here goes... to the best of my knowledge (from building the same kit and finishing the mizzen mast), this part 567 is a 'cheek stiffener' and it goes UNDER the part 568 (which I believe is called the chocks).  In real life these give strength to the mast.  I found that I could not lay the stiffener and the (curved) chock smoothly together on the mast, so I eliminated the stiffener.  I simply put the chock up against the mast after I filed the face of the mast on each side flat so the chock wouldn't roll around and would have a flat glue surface.  I don't think much is lost by not putting the stiffener under the chock, but I do admit it was a lazy move on my part.  You will see these same parts on the mizzen and foremast, only with different part numbers.  I think on the mizzen they are parts 590 and 591.  I have only built the mizzen so far and perhaps when (if) I get to the main and foremasts I will put these stiffeners on.  But perhaps not.  No harm no foul as they say.

Thanks for correcting me

Gentlegiant, I like it at the same not.

For showing details it is perfect, but if you are looking for lighting as it was in the days, there is way to much.

Now it's time to experiment (dimming) to see if you can get low light (yellow color) it can be tricky.....

But I like what you have done.

Keep it up!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Very nice!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, they are shown curved just to avoid confusion with the rest of the drawings.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!