The journey begins!

BobSki

Oh my word, what have I done!

There was a knock at the door at 7pm this evening and a young lady gave me a large box. In it were several other boxes, the main one being my first ever wood ship kit by Caldercraft, called "Convulsion".

Unfortunately Cornwall Model Boats were out of stock of the needle files I'd ordered so these were not present so I'll have to get some elsewhere. However, it would appear I now have to get cracking with making a work board and jig etc.

I've got one or two things to do before I start on this but I should be taking my first steps in wooden ship building in the next week or so.

luck has very little to do with it.

good things happen mostly by accident  :o

Alan O'Neill
"only dead fish go with the flow"   :dancetl6:

Ongoing Build (31 Dec 2013) - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class

Member of the Model Shipwrights of Niagara, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada (2016), and the Nautical Research Guild (since 2014)

Associate member of the Nautical Research and Model Ship Society (2021)

Offshore member of The Society of Model Shipwrights (2021)

.... well there is always "blind luck"

I've experienced that many times

and "luck of the Irish" ... but I've been blessed with that from birth  :D

so GOOD LUCK to you!

Alan O'Neill

Ongoing Build (31 Dec 2013) - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class

Member of the Model Shipwrights of Niagara, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada (2016), and the Nautical Research Guild (since 2014)

Luck of the Irish has been known to rub off onto those that frequent our personal space, so... I'd say yes, it definitely counts.

Alan O'Neill