HMS Revenge by Denis R - Victory Models (Amati) - Scale 1:64

That is one neat looking canopy, Denis.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That is one neat looking canopy, Denis.

Hi Mark

That is very nice of you to say.

Like I said to Brian comments like that mean a lot to me.

Coming from two model builders I respect, again thank you both.

Denis

Denis,

I apologize for not commenting more.  Life has been getting in the way of many things of late.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Denis,

I apologize for not commenting more.  Life has been getting in the way of many things of late.

Hi Mark

You don't have to apologize to me my friend.

I am just pleased you are following my log and thank you also for the likes.

Denis.

Hi all

Just dry fitting decks 43, 44 and 45 just to make sure they fit Ok.

Not a lot of work was needed.

I did put the masts in to make sure they lined up Ok.

I have also pointed out my boo-boo on the forecastle deck, this will be fixed later.

Denis.

post-303-0-09669000-1456639847_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-78428300-1456639868_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-35585000-1456639886_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-91255400-1456639901_thumb.jpg

Lovely work Denis and the I really like the stain color you chose.  The deck  fitting also looks great and rather nice to see her gaining some height!

Very much enjoying following along with your build.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Looking really great Dennis. I have been anxiously tracking your progress on a daily basis, adding "thumbs up" rather than cluttering your log with appreciative comments. 

I am coming to a close on my LSS Patrick Henry and hope to be at work on Revenge within possibly a month. Your progressive steps will be my bible .  .  .  .

Respectfully,

John

Looking really great Dennis. I have been anxiously tracking your progress on a daily basis, adding "thumbs up" rather than cluttering your log with appreciative comments. 

I am coming to a close on my LSS Patrick Henry and hope to be at work on Revenge within possibly a month. Your progressive steps will be my bible .  .  .  .

Respectfully,

John

Hi John

You can clutter my log up anytime you like as I do like feed back be it bad or good.

I am learning all the time of what not to do and what to do, we all learn of each other that is what is so good about MSW .

Thank you for them very nice comments, your LSS Patrick Henry is a work that most people would love to achieve including me.

Thank you for sending me the photo.

When you start your Revenge are you going to start a log, I do hope so.

Will email you soon.

Denis

Lovely work Denis and the I really like the stain color you chose.  The deck  fitting also looks great and rather nice to see her gaining some height!

Very much enjoying following along with your build.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Hi Nigel

Thank you so much for them words, it is nice to get feedback on my build.

Again thank you.

Denis.

Lovely work Dennis

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi

I know I am doing things out of order but they say a change is good as a rest ha-ha.

So I decided to paint the stern windows.

I have left the windows on the photo etch sheet so I have something to hold onto.

Last night I washed the windows first and dried them off.

Next was apply a coat of Casey's Brass Black to the inside, wash down in clean water and dry them off, then another coat of Brass Black.

The black will make it look like the old lead windows.

Today I have put 3 coats of white paint on, but it still wants another coat.

When it is all done I will turn them over and put some liquid glass on the back.

Denis

post-303-0-54963900-1456980123_thumb.jpg

You are doing a great job Denis, you have shown some good ideas and techniques that I will be putting in the old floppy disc for future reference :) .

The windows look super, Denis.   

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Hi all

I have dry fitted the windows into the stern frame.

The  frame has only got one coat of sanding sealer on it.

I will have to put 3 coats of satin varnish on.

The right side window don't fit that well, I  hope that when the three coats of varnish goes on, as I will varnish the inside of the window frame it will build the inside up so the window will fit a bit better.

Denis

post-303-0-01268300-1457238143_thumb.jpg

Windows look great!! Denis..... How do you  like the Casey's brass black?

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Windows look great!! Denis..... How do you  like the Casey's brass black?

Frank

Hello Frank

The Casey's Brass Black is the best on the market.

It is very fast to blacken the brass.

Best to clean the photo-etch first.

Then wash the photo-etch, dry it then apply the brass black, wash again, dry off then another coat of brass black.

Thank you for your words and likes.

Denis.

Thanks Denis....

frank

USRC "ALERT"

Nice work ,Denis windows look great .Edwin

Hi Edwin

Thank you, nice to see you back on my log.

The windows are now fitted in place.

The liquid glass was put on the back, but as the openings are that small you cannot see it.

Will send you an email soon, been busy looking for a house but no luck so far.

Denis.

Hi All

Sorry not a lot has been done this week.

Part 53 that wraps round the bow is very springy, so to take out some of the spring out of this part ready for gluing I decided to get my electric plank bender out.

I soaked the part in water for only one minute, just to dampen the wood ( never over soak ply wood ).

Then used my plank bender to get a curved shape for the bow.

Denis.

post-303-0-70336300-1457758879_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-25650500-1457758890_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-77855000-1457758900_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-83283200-1457758912_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-79695300-1457758924_thumb.jpg

Hi all

Done a little bit of work, side panels have been glued on, so now time to start the fairing of the stern area.

WARNING  to the builders who have not got this far, or are about to start this Revenge kit build.

The instruction book doesn't mention the filler block at the stern.

Please look at plan sheet 4 you will see part 196 ( filler block ) has to be fitted before you start fairing the bulkhead frames.

Denis.

post-303-0-66235800-1458362136_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-47464900-1458362153_thumb.jpg

good show Denis!!

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Hi Frank

Thank you my friend.

To tell you the truth I nearly missed it, I was looking for the size of the wheels for the stern cannons and the filler blocks 196 was at the bottom of the cannons.

Denis.