Marie Jeanne by Jack12477 - FINISHED - Artesania Latina 1:50 scale

Beautiful work Jack, Congratulations  She's a Beauty. Hat's off to a job well done

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

she looks awesome Jack.........really like the way the emboss came out!   congratz on a fantastic build!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Congrats Jack on a great build....love those final outside shots! 

Very much enjoyed following along and looking forward to your next build!

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Turned out great, Jack! The light looks good. What's next?

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

She looks fantastic, very nice job.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Wow, awesome ship! Congratulations for completing this build, you have done a outstanding job!

Jean-Philippe (JP)

Current build: SyrenRattlesnake (Scratch built)

:dancetl6:Please visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel

On Hold: MayflowerHMS Victory Cross Section
Completed:   Armed Virginia Sloop, Viking ship,  The Flyer, Pilot BoatKrabbenkutterMarie-JeanneSloup, The Smasher

George, Pete, Denis, Nigel, Ken, Per, Buck, Captgino, Carl and Sal, thank you all for your nice comments.

I have four kits in dry dock waiting for me to pick one to do next. I'll open a new build log when I start the next one.

Great job - congrats

John

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Is the 1:24 scale Victory one of them Jack?  :P

The largest model in my dry dock is the 1:85 scale US Constellation by Artesania Latina and finished measures 40 inches in length.

Let's see, a 1:24 scale model of Victory would be about 4,4 m length x 1,5 m breadth x 2,9 m height, weight 150 kg or in US terms 14 ft 5 in length x 4 ft 11 in breadth x 9 ft 6 in height, weight ~ 330 US pounds - don't think it would fit in my garage let alone my house, George :P :P :P  And I'd need a fork lift just to move it around.  

Nah ! Think I'll pass on that one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Congratulations on finishing and the sweet work on her, Jack.  The decals don't look like decals  :) .  I like your sense of history for this ship, it just seems be the frosting on the cake.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations Jack on a great finish, a very delightful story to round off the history of the vessel. a great job all round, looks like you might soon be venturing into so heavy kit-bashing or even perhaps a small scratch now with all this experience you have gained...... Might I suggest one of those beautiful Ice yachts that would look great it say 1/12th 0r 1/16th to slide right into it.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thank you Michael.  Yes, one of those ice yachts is a definite possibility that I have been considering for some time now. The problem I'm having at the moment is finding a good readable set of plans that I can work from. Of course if we had had a decent winter this year ;) I could have taken the measurements directly off of one of our fleet of boats (while they were assembled) - now they are disassembled and in storage. But yes, an ice yacht model is definitely under consideration.

Hi Jack,

The ice yacht Storm King is up at the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum in Vergennese and on display.  She look great when I saw her this summer and I expect they would be happy to let you take measurements if you called ahead. They were all very friendly when we visited and there are many other interesting exhibits as well.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Nigel, thanks for the information about Storm King, I will have to visit it sometime.  But I don't really have to travel far to find some, there are over 35 of them right here in the valley - owned by members of the Hudson River Ice Yacht Club of which I am a member - in addition two are on display at the Hudson River Maritime Museum in Kingston about 10 miles away from me - one is Franklin Roosevelt's Icicle - so I have plenty to pick from. See this post

and this post also

Great!! looking build Jack you did a beautiful job... sorry I missed most of this... next time!!   :)

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

• 10 months later...

I just checked how you did your decals and understand how to do it. I love how you put the decal on the sail itself, something I have to try myself. Beautiful built.

Marcus

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).