HMS Granado by Kevin Kenny - Caldercraft

I have produced a video record of Caldercrafts HMS Granado comprising 47 individual films that run between 5 to 15 minutes. I hope you find them useful. This is the first. Once you tage follow ypu can access all the other videos.

There are also a set of three videos on how to build the display case. The first is

Finially there ar a few videos on Power tools

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Red

I have to say that this model from Caldercraft is one of the best kits i have ever purchased and built.i think you will enjoy the build. Should the need arise feel free to ask any questions. Once i can remember i will be happy to assist. The main purpose of making the videos was to help others in future builds. Best regards

Kevin

• 1 year later...
On 17/11/2015 at 3:31 PM, Kevin Kenny said:

I have produced a video record of Caldercrafts HMS Granado comprising 47 individual films that run between 5 to 15 minutes. I hope you find them useful. This is the first. Once you tage follow ypu can access all the other videos.

There are also a set of three videos on how to build the display case. The first is

W

On 17/11/2015 at 3:31 PM, Kevin Kenny said:

W

• 3 weeks later...

Massime There  are some general videos and three practiums if you go to Vimeo and search HMS Granado you shoulf get all 47 videos on the build.

for the Swan class which is still under construction search HMS Thorm

and for the America search America, 1851

Edited by Kevin Kenny

• 1 year later...

Hi Kevin,

I watched every one of your videos (some of them several times over!) while I was building the Caldercraft Granado kit in Jan - July 2018, and found them all really helpful.  I should have posted to thank you for them long ago, but now I've started my own build logs and gallery on this site I felt I must drop you a line to do so.  Your comments and explanations saved me from many a potential disaster!!

With best wishes,

Tom.

Current Builds: HMS PegasusRussian Brig Mercury (Victory Models)

Completed Builds: HM Bomb Vessel Granado (Caldercraft)

Hi Tom

i am so glad you found them useful as that was the sole purpose of doing them. When i started out modeling I found so little video content on YouTube that could guide and help me to acquire the skill necessary to build some of the more complex models. There was a lot of written stuff but much of it difficult to understand and follow. That was the motivation to do the videos. Today many years later there are now over 190 short videos that follow my building process on various ships. Your comment is greatly appreciated as recently i was unceremoniously  thrown off a build that i followed,  having been accused of “promoting my videos” , when all i did was respond to a new builder who had made an inquiry, and a request for help. I have long passed any desire to “promote myself” having discovered the wonderful craft of model building. I have found it challenging and stimulating having had a long successful career in business but still found the need to “stress” my brain to take me where i am uncomfortable and where most of the time I am  ill equipped to handle the challenge. In Trinidad and Tobago where i live i have only recently found one modeler that i can discus my challengers with. So i am back to this forum as the only source of feedback. The two people who have been extremely helpful are Greg Herbert and David Antscherl whose support has been nothing short of fantastic. 
best regards

kevin

Well, all I can say is that if it hadn't been for your videos I would probably have given up with Granado long before getting to the end of it, and so would never have progressed to do HMS Pegasus and the brig Mercury, or be writing this now! I too find ship modelling a totally absorbing and rewarding challenge in my retirement, and I have learned most of what I know about it from your work.  If you had been charging a fee for a training course I would have considered it money well spent.

Best wishes,

Tom.

Current Builds: HMS PegasusRussian Brig Mercury (Victory Models)

Completed Builds: HM Bomb Vessel Granado (Caldercraft)