Endeavour 1934 by Styrmann - Amati - 1:35

Styrmann, you're moving along quite well, though sorry to hear about the deck problem.  Your last picture looks like the deck problem never happened. She looks like she is screaming, "I want to sail!"

Very nice work!

Edited by Julie Mo

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

Hi Styrmann,

I'm sure you know boats back then were painted, above and below the water line.  Endeavour had an aluminum hull.  Thomas Sopwith used his aviation design experience to design and build Endeavour.  It was believed back then, Endeavour was a state of the art America's Cup racer no one could beat.  Were it not for the crew striking, Endeavour could have been the yacht that ended US dominance in the Cup series.

Your hull is now painted.  Let it cure, then wet sand it.  If it needs filling, go ahead and do that and let that cure some more before adding more paint.  Be patient.  It's a beautiful boat.  Treat it as such.  When the hull looks true, then use the directions that show how to paint the water line,

I know there are language barriers here.  Maybe translate programs will help or some of the other members can help.  Stay with us and you will do well my friend.

Julie

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35