Presenting hull only models from kits

SpyGlass

Just a quick enquiry if anyone has any tips/guide lines/suggestions.

Im building Pegasus at the moment and Realworkingsailor disconcerted me by showing his pictures of a trial full height masting of his build.   I was proposing to donate the completed build to my grandson and it suddenly occurred to me that his parents may have a teeeny problem with finding somewhere to put it!

I rushed to the present owner of one of my Fly builds and measured it and true these are a lot bigger than you may think by the  time they are cased.

So possible solution is to build just hull - with possibly just stub masts.

So any advice on what works and does and donts will be very welcome.  One immediate thought is how to treat the bowsprit?

Help  sought - though it will be a shame not to fully rig because I actually find the rigging the most enjoyable bit .

Andy gave you a good suggestion.  And, if you get to the ME site, they have a new release of a hull-only kit, the Essex.  You can find it on their site by typing Essex into the 'search' box on their site.

So possible solution is to build just hull - with possibly just stub masts.

So any advice on what works and does and donts will be very welcome.  One immediate thought is how to treat the bowsprit?

Help  sought - though it will be a shame not to fully rig because I actually find the rigging the most enjoyable bit .

Apparently this way of doing it is called an Admiralty Model. It was used in the past to sell high ranked officers and government representatives into moving ahead with the financing and construction of a new ship.

This good thing about having no rigging is that you can show the inside of the ship and some details of the lower decks. That would be a treat for a young kid and may start a passion for ship building and marine architecture and design.

Yves

I have been considering this myself.  From what I have seen I think there are a couple options.  First, you can have a little mast stub sticking out and perhaps a bowsprit stub.  The other thing I have seen is having the entire lower mast in place with shrouds/ratlines rigged.  Forward, the full bowsprit is mounted but jib boom is left off.  In this case you get some of the standing rigging, but it does not involve all the extra detail that takes forever. 

I guess it would depend on if you just wanted to save time or save space as well, as you indicated.