HMAV Bounty By cobra1951 - Artesania Latina - 1:48

Almost finished filling the Aft hold

Crates, Spare Sails, Barrels, fitted and lashed to the deck

post-11947-0-62312400-1453399304_thumb.jpg

Once the barrels were lashed down then a cargo net was fitted over them

post-11947-0-16190800-1453399377_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-27299300-1453399388_thumb.jpg

Once the ladder has been built and then dry fitted i will add some sacks in the remaining spare spaces

Really nice details...where did you pick up the netting...the same place that you gave us the link to?

Are you going to wait until the planking is done before gluing all the stuff in?  :)

Edited by thomaslambo

Boyd 

Current Build - HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina - Scale1:48

Cheers Boyd

All the cargo is already glued in place, i had to do it before the middle deck is put in place as i needed to have access from above to drill the holes and fit the eye bolts. It should all stay in place as i used Araldite to glue everything except the sails. The netting is for 1/16th scale tanks but if you stretch it a bit it works well on this kit. It was obtained from eBay.co.uk  from a seller named great-sales247 but they have withdrawn the listing probably because it's out of stock.

They have a page on the US eBay site but it's only listing the chains and rope as well. It might be worth contacting the seller to see if he's getting more http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-Scale-CHAINS-ROPE-for-Rc-Heng-Long-Tamiya-Tanks-Vehicles-Diorama-/181976659687?var=&hash=item2a5ea776e7:m:m3ZAsGanxwwqtEurUzG-lbw

Edited by Cobr@

I had to do the same with my Captains Dining Cabin furniture.  No way I could glue it in after the main deck went on.  I actually used pins and epoxy to hold the furniture in...so far so good  :)

I have the cabin sealed shut with masking tape and used plastic wrap to cover the hammocks.

I can't believe the amount of dust generated by all the sanding required on the frames and planking.

Again, really nice details you put in the model as well as excellent placement :)   

Boyd 

Ohhh yes lots of dust to come lol.

Having stuff glued to the decks also makes it slow going when it comes to the hull planking as you have to be so careful :huh:

I've also ordered some tables and benches to make a galley in the bow section of the middle deck rather than just have the stove there on it's own

I will post a photo once i get them

Assembled a ladder and then dry fitted half the middle deck and the ladder to see how much room available around it, then placed some of the potato sacks in the free spaces

post-11947-0-15863900-1453461139_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-37252700-1453461156_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-25137900-1453461167_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-76710300-1453461175_thumb.jpg

very nice Bob,

the food storage containments, sacks, casings, barrels, etc. are lovely, good job on the interior... :)

... little rats, mice,... on the sacks

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi Nils, thank you

I have searched the net for rats in the correct scale but up to now i have had no luck finding any. I might have go at making some myself though :)

Edited by Cobr@

Bob,

I came accross these...., looks like this is a webshop..

http://www.fuhrmann-figuren-shop.de/KF-ANI-72001-Ratten

10 little rats cast in tin, in all positions. The man-figure does not belong to the group, for comparing size only.

trust the price is nice and low, so there would be no risk...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Bob,

10 little rats cast in tin, in all positions. The man-figure does not belong to the group, for comparing size only.

Nils

Leave it to you Nils...great find (I was ready to make my own)  :)

Boyd 

Bob,

Nils

Hi Nils

Thanks for taking the time to help me with my rats :D  I had seen these and i am thinking about getting them. As you say they are cheap so no risk. The only downside is they are 1/72 scale and will probably look like mice not rats on a 1/48 kit. If i get them i will claim they are dwarf rats lol :D

Edited by Cobr@

Bob,

here a second try....

not 1:48 but 1:35 as the description mentions...

http://www.dersockelshop.de/ratten-resin-28-teile-1-35_plusmodel_pl171.html

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Bob,

here a second try....

not 1:48 but 1:35 as the description mentions...

http://www.dersockelshop.de/ratten-resin-28-teile-1-35_plusmodel_pl171.html

Nils

Thank you Nils

These are great i will order some today, a little bit bigger but as i have loads of sacks on board i will say they are well fed rats :D

Thanks again

Thank you Nils

These are great i will order some today, a little bit bigger but as i have loads of sacks on board i will say they are well fed rats :D

Thanks again

Be quick Bob,

it looks like this is the last set they have on stock in the moment....good luck

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Be quick Bob,

it looks like this is the last set they have on stock in the moment....good luck

Nils

Yes i just ordered the last set in stock.

19 euros postage for a 7.95 euro item :o

But hey you can't put i price on realism

Once again I thank you for your help Nils

congrats Bob,

hope you will be be holding those little naggers soon. Already curious how your hold areas look like, when they come to life....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Really nice details...where did you pick up the netting...the same place that you gave us the link to?

Hi Boyd

Are you still after some netting ? if you are there is a load of 1/35 camouflage netting on the US ebay site with free international postage

Edited by Cobr@

Cheers Lawrence

The barrels are available here http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/caldercraft_barrels.html

As barrels come in a wide range of sizes in real life, scale is not critical so i just got ones that fitted in with the surroundings i was using them in

While sorting out some more cargo for the forward hold i placed a few of the rats i bought around the holds and chewed up one of the metal sacks like it had been chewed by a rat. I will add more once i have finished with the cargo and also place some around the middle deck

post-11947-0-87609500-1454103835_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-63999100-1454104299_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-05675400-1454103866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobr@

Cobr@,

I think you need to put the rats on food-rations, they seem to be wellfed, considering their size and soon there won't be any food left for the crew.

Unless as you stated, maybe feeding them to the crew.

I like the setup with the cargo.

Nice build.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

sweet detail with the little rats Bob ^_^

it brings life into the holds....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Cobr@,

I think you need to put the rats on food-rations, they seem to be wellfed, considering their size and soon there won't be any food left for the crew.

Unless as you stated, maybe feeding them to the crew.

I like the setup with the cargo.

Nice build.

Hi Nirvana thanks

The rats are based on my big belly and the ones here in Liverpool lol :D

sweet detail with the little rats Bob ^_^

it brings life into the holds....

Nils

Thanks Nils

Finding rats was a hard job until you found me some, thanks again for that

They were the hardest part of the build so far. I mean you try getting them to stay still until the glue sets :D