Armed Launch by mobbsie - FINISHED - Panart - 1/16 - Small

Sweet model Mobbsie, congratulations

Mobbsie,   Very well done and looking great.

To change the title, go back to the very first post and hit edit.  You should be able to change the title there.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Good Morning Gents

Thanks guys for the positive comments and for the likes, all are appreciated very much.

Mark, Thanks very much for your help and the information, job done.

Jason, Thank you for your input mate, I understand what your saying about the Red Ensign and as a result I've decided to leave it alone.

I'm now done with the log and would like to thank all who have followed along, it's been an elongated build mainly due to the vagaries of myself, again thanks for sticking with me and your patience.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

so..........onto the Pickle then?  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 years later...

Hi Mobbsie, I'm very new to building models, and have ended up with a v similar looking kit, being the lancia baleniera (a whaling version), with the same triple planking.  And there's one thing that's worrying me at an early stage which I hope you can help with....I've got the bulkheads all fared and ready to fix, but on my model they have to be removed entirely after planking - with the planks glued to the bulkheads I can't really see how I can the remove them afterwards.  How did you get around this on yours?

It looks superb by the way - I'm many months or years from that at the moment! Thanks, Ed

Hi Neddie, I don’t think Mobbsie is on here much anymore, I built one of these also and you don’t glue the planks to the bulkheads- I glued wax paper to the edges of the bulkheads to keep the planks from adhering to them, you instead use the bulkheads as a form for the planking and edge glue the planks to each other, you need to use minimal glue on the first layer as it will be seen from the inside of the boat - I had to sand the first layer quite a bit to remove some of the excess glue marks.... hope that helps....

1 hour ago, ASAT said:

I glued wax paper to the edges of the bulkheads to keep the planks from adhering to them, you instead use the bulkheads as a form for the planking and edge glue the planks to each other, you need to use minimal glue on the first layer as it will be seen from the inside of the boat - I had to sand the first layer quite a bit to remove some of the excess glue marks.... hope that helps....

You could also put cling wrap on the edge of the bulkhead to prevent the planks being glued to them.

Richard

Next build:

Completed builds:

AL's Endeavour,  Corel's BellonaAmati's Xebec,  Billing's Roar Ege, Panart's Armed Launch

Ships' Boats - Vanguard 1:64 and Master Korabel 1:72

Alexander Arbuthnot,  Christiaan Brunings,  Pevenseall by World of Paperships

HMS Pegasus by Victory

Captain John Smith's Shallop by Pavel Nitikin

Rumpler "Taube" 1911 by HMV

I have the Sergel Thermopylae,  and this same procedure is required.  basically,  I didn't put glue to the posts,  but I did run some along the planking that will join together.  it works out to the same results ;)   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch